New DJI Mini 2 owner

Thank you, I’m glad you like them.
Apologies about the missing location information.

They were all taken in and around South Wales.
The coastal ones were taken along the Glamorgan Heritage Coast, from Nash Point to Southerndown.
The viaduct was near Merthyr Tydfil.
The mountain images were from Bwlch Mountain.
The trees in bright sunshine near Llyn Brianne.

Happy to provide more info if needed.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thanks a lot! :grin:

Thank you very much!

Edit, how do I multi quote in a reply?

you can use the @ @PhilD :wink:

and or highlight the text then quote

1 Like

Don’t do many photos these days - drone is mainly used for lost dog SAR. :man_shrugging:

Thinking about it - I need to get out more with the drone and get back into the photography/video aspect :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

@Sparkyws Thank you!

@Jhdee That’s a very good thing you do. Do you ever get called upon? I wouldn’t even know how to put myself forward for that.

Well, as you’re local, if you ever fancy meeting up I’d love to check out some different places. :+1:

1 Like

Great photos, love the autumnal colours :clap:

1 Like

@daw Thanks very much. I far prefer the autumn over the summer for photography. :+1:

Get called quite regularly these days. I volunteer for a group called Missing Dogs Team Wales primarily as a drone pilot but I also assist on ground searches when circumstances prevent the use of a drone. As a drone volunteer you don’t have to participate in ground searches unless you want to. Been doing it a few years now and have learnt so much much about dog SAR and it also encourages me to fly in conditions and places I would normally bottle out on.
If you’re interested have a search on Facebook for Missing Dogs Team Wales - will give you some idea of how many calls there are and if you want volunteer as a pilot contact Anthony Bailey on Redirecting...

We’ll have to get a meet up sorted when the weather improves a bit - will look forward to that :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Very underrated the little Mini 2! It’s a great drone! Lovely photos!

1 Like

@Jhdee Thanks for the information. That’s brilliant.
I will look at the link and see.
It must be really rewarding when you can help locate and save the dog.

Yeah, that’d be fantastic!

@Longstride Thank you. It’s fantastic. The dynamic range of the sensor is unbelievable.
I’ve had one photo printed large size and it’s absolutely perfect.
I use a Canon 6Dmkii for my photography usually. (Full frame DSLR) and whilst the photos from that can be printed at ridiculous sizes with really good quality (that I’d never need) the Mini2 has kind of made me question why I bother… I mean, for all intents and purposes the Mini2 camera is basically a phone camera. So, why don’t I just use my phone and get rid of the DSLR! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s really an amazing little package!

Steady on though, don’t give up on all that pro photography you can do on the DSLR! I’ve got a 5D and telephoto and I know which I’d use for a day photographing king fishers etc :laughing:

Enjoy them each!

3 Likes

@Longstride

Oh yeah, definitely. I won’t give up the DSLR and totally agree, my phone can’t do this:

:grin::grin:
I took this with my Sigma 150-600 lens.

I just meant that for landscape, my phone is perhaps more viable than I first gave it credit for. :rofl:
The drone camera has made me realise this.
I’d be interested in seeing a side by side comparison between what the mini2 and say the air 2s can achieve…
I’ve watched videos on YouTube but it’s difficult to see really.

5 Likes

Hi, is the road the A4061 leading up to the Bwlch from Nant-y-Moel? Nice job!

1 Like

Hi, thank you.
Yes, it is!

Welcome @PhilD great pictures. Where on earth did you get some weather to fly.

I live in Manchester and its not been worth flying for what feels like weeks now.

1 Like

@Gavinnewcombe
Hi Gavin, Thank you!!
I know exactly what you mean… I got the drone just before Christmas and have only managed a couple of flights…
I’m lucky to live in Wales. The dryest and sunniest part of the British Isles. :rofl:

Hi there great pics wheres the location ?

@dessie Hi Des,
Thank you. :grin:
They were all taken in and around South Wales.
The coastal photos were taken along the Glamorgan Heritage Coast.
The viaduct, near Merthyr Tydfil.
The Mountain was Bwlch Mountain.
The trees in bright sunlight at Llyn Brianne.

1 Like