New DJI Mini 4 Pro owner in Middlesbrough

Hi everyone, first time drone owner here, based in Middlesbrough.

Just picked up a DJI Mini 4 Pro (arrived last night!), and completed the CAA registrations a couple days ago.

Been spending a lot of time learning about flying safely and legally, where permission might be required first, etc. Looks like a lot of areas around me are restricted (Forestry England/National Trust sites), so I’m glad I took the time to do some learning before flying for the first time – want to make sure I don’t upset anyone while having fun!

Have to say that these forums (and the Drone Scene maps) have been a huge help so far, so big thanks to all involved. Looking forward to learning more from you all.

So, where’s good in and around Teesside to fly? Roseberry Topping seems to be out due to it being a National Trust site, and it looks like Guisborough Forest and Captain Cook’s Monument require permission from Forestry England.

1 Like

Hi @unadopted welcome to GADC, a great place to get plenty of tips & advice enjoy.
Not too far from you, just up the A19 near Sunderland.

Hi @unadopted and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @unadopted and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too!

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members! Details of our insurance can be found at:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Hi @unadopted :wave:t2:

How did you find our little corner of the world?

@PingSpike The Drone Scene map is what brought me here at first (which in turn, I was led to by the CAA).

1 Like

Hi @unadopted - welcome to GADC :+1::+1::+1:

Welcome to the group, good choice of drone too :+1

If it’s anything like me i stumbled across it, but you won’t give me the key to get out :rofl:

We should rebrand to the Hotel California Drone Club :smiley:

2 Likes

My how did you find us story is pretty pants lol…

I just google’d drone clubs near me :rofl: and this was the top of the search box. So top marks to @PingSpike for getting his meta data on point :rofl:

1 Like

@ChrisM Good shout, I’d missed that. Thanks!

Welcome to GADC @unadopted , fellow smoggy here and also new to the drone scene. With the bad weather and working away i haven’t had mine up much, but roseberry topping is on my to do list!

1 Like

Hi @unadopted I’m also in the Boro.
My channel on youtube is HERE

If you need any help give me a shout,
Mick.

1 Like