New DJI Mini Pro 4

Just waiting on the batteries to charge before I take a look at this outside.

Never flown a drone, in fact, only ever flown a kite before, what can go wrong!!

Any tips, suggestions to a newbie?

2 Likes

Yes.

Read this thread :smiley:

2 Likes

Use it in C mode you need to set it to it again even if the handset was set to it on power up, its a bit slower so easier to handle.

1 Like

First thing to do is,read the manual. :wink:

3 Likes

Big field

1 Like

All I can say is take it steady and make sure you enjoy the experience :+1:

2 Likes

Always the best one - if you start to panic, let go the sticks!

It will stop where it is, and hover, whilst you gather your thoughts.

2 Likes

Keep as far away from trees as possible, as has been said, find a big open field.

1 Like

Thanks all. It’s really impressive that it stays where it is when you offer no input to the sticks. The ability to climb at a fast rate is impressive.

But just the sticks. Keep controller in hands or use a neck strap.

3 Likes

Just don’t hit anything as the fast decent is not impressive.

The beauty about these drones is the fact you can let go if you panic. Get your bearings again and just take it easy. Always keep an eye on your battery level.

Watch your battery level, keep an eye out for dogs. Last thing you want is a dog that wants to eat your drone if your battery is low and you have to land. Some dog owners do not have control of their dogs. Don’t risk letting the battery go too low. Give yourself plenty of landing time.

2 Likes

I know there are ton videos but this one really helped me initially it a bit long but he goes through all the features.

DJI MINI 4 PRO Beginners Guide - Start Here (youtube.com)

2 Likes

Sound advice, thanks all. I know this is tiny, but it does put into perspective why you need proper control over these bigger ones.
I’m so glad I’ve done the public indemnity insurance, with DJI care.

I found the combination of the PI insurance and DJI care refresh a great combination. Takes away a lot of the anxiety of flying when you start out.

1 Like

Stay away from trees … trees are dicks :crazy_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for this link, this has answered many questions I had. I do prefer video learning than reading printed and online PDF’s.

1 Like

This is my first drone too and I love it. only thing I don’t like is the propeller case and the joysticks taking off each time…

1 Like

They are really impressive for the size, or maybe I’m just not used to modern drone tech, I would go with that!!
Yes, the strap does take a little getting used to, I suppose it’s tight as to keep everything where it needs to be when not in use, you do have to make sure the blades are correctly tucked in.

Maybe it’s ok not to remove the joysticks when in the soft bag? I know they need to be removed when using the hard case?

One thing I found very odd was with the MAX flying height, you can change this from 120m to up to 500m!!! Or it looks like you can.

It definitely is!

The only thing with the joysticks is even with the soft case you have to take them off. But it is all part of flying a drone I guess

2 Likes

If you ever decide to invest in a hard case, you’ll probably find like other drone hard cases you can buy one with the cutouts in the foam padding inside where you can leave the joysticks on, I have one myself but for a different drone.

Edit : if you have the RC 2 this one here will work with joysticks on,

https://amzn.eu/d/bUO8IVx

Or this one

https://amzn.eu/d/3idFAmW

2 Likes