New drone enthusiast from north Devon

Hi all , new to rc drones , but raced rc trucks at club level all over the country , but I’m now older and have I’ll health so , I got a phantom 3 standard flymore , with extras galore lol , not flown it yet , but then was offered a good Mavic pro flymore also with extras , and just 2 weeks ago got a mini 2 flymore and extras , I’m looking like a hoarder pmsl , I have also done the operator Id , flyer id , and last week the A2 CofC exam passed , I live in lovely north devon and am looking forward to getting out them , but I am also an avid photographer, with two canon dslr and multiple lens , I’ve been quietly reading the posts , also joined the BDF anyways I’ve rattled on a bit so glad to be aboard
Rob

Hi @Rob-1468 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Welcome to the club :+1:t2: Seems like your spoilt for choice and a good head start passing your A2cofc
:clap:t2:

Yeah thanks I wanted to be setup ready for whatever the outcome of the new classes of drone

Hi, and thanks , and be sure that I will probably have questions to ask , you can never know too much , and learning is ongoing

@Rob-1468 welcome

Hi Rob - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Rob-1468 Hi Rob welcome to the club, bit spoiled what done shall I take out today?

Welcome Robert to GADC :clap: :clap:

I will be flying my drone in Westward Ho! and Barnstaple areas this week as I often do.

Lovely part of the world. Enjoy!

Is that for social flying or work related ? I lived in Bideford for 15 years prior living in Cornwall near padstow ,but now reside at Barnstaple

I am a property developer and have a site in Westward Ho! (14 new bungalows) and looking at a new site in Barnstaple, or more Goodleigh way.

But I often fly socially in the area.

You got the ideal mix with work and play , and fantastic views from westward ho , apple done shipyard has just got a navy ship in for refit , I know someone who works there all hush hush , but lovely part of the world

Hi, I’m down in Exeter and looking for places to fly my P4, so I’ll look out for your recommendations!

1 Like