New drone owner in Norfolk

Hey all, new drone owner in Norfolk based in Norwich and work in Stalham.
Any of you guys meet up to fly or have any good places to fly. I went and flew my Air at Wroxham Broad yesterday.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Amo82 and welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

There’s a whole bunch of GADC members that meet up around your neck of the woods from time to time :+1:t2:

Check out the #where-to-fly-in-the-uk:club-meetups section too!

Hi Pau / @Amo82 , and welcome to GADC.

Many other members have the Mavic Air too - so you’re in good company, and plenty of user experience to draw on if ever you need to ask for help with anything.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Hi Pau(l) maybe a typo ?
Welcome to the madhouse best person to speak to re-Nafack flyers is @chrisjohnbaker what he doesn’t know wouldn’t fill a matchbox

1 Like

Hi, And a big welcome @Amo82 to the best Drone Forum ! , I am one of the Locals of Norwich and live just on the outskirts near Newmarket Road.
We have a good few members around our area, myself @PaperCrane, @UnluckyTimmeh to name a couple.
We do have meet ups when time a weather behave.
Feel free to contact me if you need any advice on your drone, I to have the Air ( among others!) and find it an active little beast.
Chime in when ever you feel the need for some advice on just about anything.
Hope to meet up soon !.

Welcome @Amo82 I’m over Yarmouth way but don’t get over to Norwich to fly though, as much as I’d like to but the wife has other ideas!

2 Likes

@Amo82,
I regularly fly in Eaton Park, and round near the University Lake on Bluebell Road (both of these places are a 2 minute car ride for me).
You just have to watch out for the occasional Air Ambulance that may come over to land at the Hospital.
Common sense just prevails, and lower your altitude to 30 or 40 feet, till it passes.
Eaton Park is less busy early morning, or late afternoon (before it gets dark)
I also fly from the Hill (near enough ,next to Bluebell Road, opposite North Park Avenue) that overlooks the Lake.
I have taken a few New Members of the Forum over there for there first flights.

Welcome to the Norfolk Flown Driers! (Ask Chris - he’s never living that down…)

2 Likes

I am entitled at NEARLY 65 to have a “Senior Moment” !!!.
They just seem to happen, a little bit more often these days !!.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Amo82

Hi when are next flying at Eton park

1 Like

Won’t be going until lockdown has finished (at least).
The cops just need any small excuse to seize your drone, and will if you are flying illegally.
Where abouts are you in Norfolk?.
I have not been around on here for sometime due to recovering from Covid (and still are !).

1 Like

Further to the above, more the point (scuse the pun!) I shall not be venturing anywhere to far until someone sticks a needle in my arm sometimes soon !.

1 Like

Welcome back @chrisjohnbaker my friend hope all well

2 Likes

Thanks @milkmanchris , been a long road of recovery buddy, but feeling a bit more like my old self again, thank god !.
I just hope I/we do not get it again, not something I want to go through again in a hurry.

2 Likes