New EASA drone rules - 1 July 2020 - Discussion

Love this ;o)

1 Like

Clear as mud

You will have to complete a period of practical flight training (either with the RAE or under self-monitored circumstances), but there is no flight assessment or no need to complete a time-consuming Operations Manual.

1 Like

Are yes but that doesn’t include the practical competency training/Cert So expect another £100 So I want to know how do you go about self Cert

It is also in CAP722B the link I posted earlier

As soon as you have passed the test and have been issued with your A2 Certificate of Competence you can start operating. There is no need for any sort of practical assessment and no application has to be made to the CAA.

https://uavacademy.co.uk/sub500g-pfco-no-ca-2/

550 is my longest thread ;o)

Well that makes for interesting reading and sets it all out in plain English

If they have that right my choice is training for 1-2hrs with an RAE cost £75-100 Or find a willing farmer get permission (written of coarse) then go practice in his muddy big field for an hr or two write on the back of an old cigarette packet I’m trained sign it and I’m good to go Seems a world apart that doesn’t it?
Oh and complete the C2of C coarse & pass the exam as well

@alexmciver

2 Likes

Just need to bite the bullet now get the mrs weighing scales out and put the Mavic Air on with extension legs & prop guards and see if it’s over the 500g MTOM if it is then I’m banished to A2 land come July 2020

1 Like

That’s assuming I decide to go the A2CoC route otherwise it will be back to the farmers field A3 territory :cry:

Did you intend to mention me in your comment?

@iGo-droning I am looking for another lighter folding drone and were contemplating the Mavic air, did you weigh it ie MTOW ? as seems under the 500g CofC course we should be ok until 2022 then time to buy new.
Seems better then the mini and with either 2 CofC is going to be a requirment over the next 2 years so if we want to fly (in an area we are allowed…looks like planet earth ! ) we are all going to need it.
Perhaps after a few have done the course we could share some og the info as well and prepare for the course and then it wioll not be so daunting ? may be a way we could join forces and get the cost down ?

Hi Daren

Got the :face_vomiting: Bucket ready and my best leather belt between my teeth So here goes what happened! noting I have skinned my craft!

500g Pack spread with content & container

Container less content

My Mavic Air with SD card & Skin attached DJI stated Spec weight From manual (not MTOM) 430g

With Original DJI prop guards and Pgytech extension leg kit

As a matter of interest a typical window envelope from gas board is 7g surprised by that!

I’ll let you do the maths I think it’s below 500g MTOM just! But only just :pray:

@alexmciver

1 Like

@alexmciver Lol that is so funny !1g!
So basicly if you dont fly with the british gas envalope your ok then !

1 Like

Hows this got anything to do with me, I’m confused!

Is it from the 70’s?

Try a GPO one, maybe lighter ;o)

I’m sorry Given that we had swooped threads a number of times I thought you would be interested My mistake I won’t do it again

Sorry a typo on my part mate…so sorry.

I am interested @iGo-droning

1 Like

No its fine please carry on it is rather interesting @dazer2000

no, it is fine to carry on as I said to @iGo-droning it’s interesting