New EVO pilot - Berkshire

Hi all and thanks for having me. I’m just a novice aerial videographer flying around my home in Berkshire and getting blown away by the footage my Autel EVO delivers even with me in command. Lucky to have some stunning Green Belt all around, viz:

13 Likes

Some great scenery there!

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

Nice job Simon - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Simon @evonne and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Which model Evo do you have :thinking:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Oh, and sorry to laugh at this:

But it did make me laugh :rofl:

1 Like

Welcome @evonne Simon, Lovely part of the UK, some great footage and well put together :+1:

Hi from Sunny Somerset :smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Chris4Koi. I’m a lifelong fan of Exmoor - is flying allowed up there?

It’s just the truth! I’m scared to fly above 20kmph, scared to turn off the annoying obstacle avoidance system, scared to fly over water, just scared…And I panic every few minutes when I briefly lose sight of my drone because my degenerated neck vertebrae don’t allow me to look straight above me! But I’ll get there, if the weather and the lockdowns permit.

1 Like

Thank you @PingSpike. It’s the original 4K EVO 1. After an unfortunate flying accident last week, I had a heaven-sent opportunity to upgrade to the new 6K model with help from the insurance money but I decided I wasn’t a good enough pilot for such a serious craft. And I love the EVO 1 so much that I at least knew I would be happy with another one.

Thanks for the guidance.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jhdee - delighted to be here.

1 Like

Thank you @Howard78 - considering we are only 35mins from London, the scenery is wonderful. But even some locals I showed my footage to don’t know it’s there because you need to rise above the hedgerows and treetops to appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hi @evonne Simon, I’ve flown around Porlock Weir :blush: along the beach and Oyster beds when it was low tide. I’ve also had a couple of flights when we have been in the middle of Exmoor when no one’s around and away from the horses, that was a few years ago now :flushed: so must go back to get some decent 4k videos with my M2P :blush:

1 Like

I’ve spent many a long weekend at The Ship in Porlock Weir and other fine establishments in the area - but none in the drone age. I’ll have to revisit one of these days. I would be concerned about the deer as well as the horses - but I have horses living on all four sides of my house and they never do more than raise an eyebrow when I fly over, albeit the original EVO is very quiet. My cat and dog both positively love the drone and both come to find me if I’m flying in the garden.

1 Like

We love the Ship Inn, had several Sunday Lunches there. The Exmoor ponies don’t seem to be bothered while I was flying :slightly_smiling_face:. Only seen the deer while we walked up Lynton cliff path on the Southwest coastal path heading to the Valley of the Rocks, we only had our camera’s, we hadn’t realised that we were within a few feet of a Stag, which also hadn’t noticed we were there :grinning: that moment we both wished we had our camera’s ready, it would have been a great shot :wink: but we just stood there watching before he noticed us and jumped the wall nearby. We got some shots off as it was running away from behind :smirk:.
We’ve also got three cats :cat2:, they don’t seem to be bothered by my drones when I fly in our garden.
All the best,
Chris

1 Like

Here’s my cat responding to the drone only a few feet away. Is she bovvered?

2 Likes

Ha! Great pic :smiley:

My dog is equally as chilled out as your cat when I’m flying too :blush:

2 Likes

He certainly looks a very chilled cat :smiley: not phased at all… :+1:

1 Like