New firmware update mavic 2 waypoints

just found a new update this morning to dji go 4 and mavic 2,the update adds waypoints and looks pretty good,

2 Likes

I was unaware that Waypoints weren’t available from day 1!

Even more so since …
a) they’d been on the MP for ages and …
b) even more weird, the API functionality as been there since they were released … because Litchi uses the same DJI API and released the M2 version of their software the day the M2 were released …. August?

This is probably why the New Controller is not Litchi compatable.
Basically means M2 owners will not need to buy Litchi, looks a lot less complicated than Litchi.
Must get my head round this waypoint business!.

I have made some Litchi test missions, and, played around with the App, but, as yet, not tried flying with it.

But Go4 has
… no ability to create a mission offline
… no ability for detailed mission creation on a computer with a decent screen for accurate waypoint location
… no ability to save multiple missions for future repeat/edit/tweak
… nor does it have any DEM data

I’ve used the Go4 waypoints with the MP … and never again. Too hit and miss.

1 Like

Litchi is pretty good I’ve been very impressed with it. Especially having the ability to create your missions on your PC/MAC via a browser on the Litchi site, makes creating missions a doddle. Upon saving ur newly created or modified mission it then instantly syncs with the Litchi app on our phone.

Will be interesting to see the Waypoint feature on the Go4 app.

Possibly the last reason for me to hold off getting the new controller…that and the the lack of money thing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we all have that issue :sob::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

There’s a difference between not having it in the first place and not having any left after spending it all on toys, though.

If only it’d grow on trees Id start a forestry!

Mind you, you need it for new controller :stuck_out_tongue:

I will be getting my youngsters to clean chimneys before long. Kids have it waaaay to easy these days about time I put them outhere earning some dosh so their dear old (getting older) dad can buy DJIs gold priced Smart Controller!

:grin:

I cant help but feel that the price of the smart controller hasnt been given enough mention! :wink::sweat_smile:

Even if it was just ÂŁ1 it would be too much for me. :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps a 24 month interest free loan? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Still wouldn’t work with the MP.

1 Like

oh yeah… :see_no_evil:

I’ve always used Litchi for waypoint missions and never ran into any problems. It’s good to see that DJI finally got their finger out and got something similar.

1 Like

Unless they completely changed the whole philosophy compared to the MP waypoints, “similar” is something it will fall way short of.

It actually surprises me that DJI haven’t bought out Litchi - for DJI that would make so much sense, but I’m not sure it would be in the interest of the user.

Im surprised that folk are having to turn to Litchi for what is a seemingly obvious way of implementing such a feature as waypoints.

Admittedly upto now I’ve only used LItchi for the Waypoints feature, which has been brill upto now.

Will give the waypoints vid a thorough look over laters.

Heres what in the new firmware :

Overview:

• Date: 2019.01.24
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.03.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.12
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.12

What’s New in the new Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom firmware update?

• Added Waypoints (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.12 or later).
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for Timelapse (see Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom User Manual for more information about obstacle sensing).
  • Increased the altitude accuracy of Waypoints in Hyperlapse. When using Task Library to repeat a flight, make sure the takeoff altitude is the same.
  • Fixed issue: the remote controller’s operating time was shortened when used with some mobile devices.
  • Fixed issue: could not open Sphere panorama photos in Facebook.
  • Fixed issue: the Intelligent Flight Battery could not be charged when the environment temperature was between 5° and 10° C.
1 Like

Only up to 4.3.11 released on Google Play … but I guess it can take a few days to reach one’s updates.