New Flyer and New Member - Willenhall West Midlands

Hi Guys!

I suppose I should have done this introduction soon after joining your group back on the 5th of August. Sorry for being late :frowning_face:. Work was a little hectic and my introduction went clean out of my head. Although, I have often logged onto the site since joining on the 5th August trying to glean as much info as possible so that I can get tips to achieve some shots almost as good as some of the beautiful ones that I see on the GADC site every day.
My name is Graham, getting ‘long in the tooth’ these days but still working. I am sociable, like a laugh, and would be more than willing to meet-up and or help anyone wherever/whenever I can.
Since joining, I have read many posts, seen many wonderful pictures and videos, and I will try to be an asset to your community as much as I possible.
The 8th of August was when I received my first Drone, a DJI Mini 2, before that, I was, and probably still are, very ’green’ when it comes to the drone community, but I will get there.
The Mini 2 has really impressed me, and I think, going on from what I have read from other posts, just like other Mini 2 owners, I have got quite attached to the little drone, almost as if it had a soul :angel:. There is a lot more to my story of my relationship with the little DJI mini 2 thus far; and that I will share that with you later.
For now – I thank you all for allowing me to join the Grey Arrows Drone Club, and maybe over time I will get to meet some of you guys ‘out and about’ whether it’s for Droning or not.
All the best - Graham. :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome Graham to GADC.

Look forward to seeing your photos and videos.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Hi @Parametric and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you: +1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Thank you DroneGeek!
I’ll try to get something uploaded soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you gunja99 (should that have been ganga99? :smiley:)

1 Like

Thanks Dave!
I’ve already been in contact with Hotrodspike and we are arranging to meet sometime next week - I’ll be asking him sooooo many questions. He probably wont want to meet me again :laughing:

1 Like

Ow am ya mar maert? I can’t make next Tuesday, but so far any other day is OK.

John

Welcome, there’s a fair few of us popping up in the West Midlands now so look forward to your input.

It’s worth noting majority of the bigger councils in the midlands (Birmingham, Warwickshire, Shropshire & Stafford - which seems to think it can even ban flying on their land let alone TOAL) all hate us.

So do check before you fly even if someone else has flew there before. I’m sure you’ve already seen various ‘loopholes’ such as take off from the path and then walk into the park for example but I’m all for trying to educate the councils more rather than continue to piss them off resulting in them making it even harder for us in the long run, as finding good places to fly in the midlands is a bit of a chore. In my opinion but myself and others have been adding places to dronescene.

What time you guys meeting? I’ll probably be at work. Private message if don’t want to publicly post the details.

Hi Ade,

Thank you for your greetings! As for meeting up with Hotrodspike, I’ll leave that up to him, I’m not even a co-pilot at this stage :laughing:
Johns message above says that he cant make it Tuesday, so I am just I’m just about to suggest Monday weather permitting. I’ll be waiting on Johns arrangements as I’m more or less free every day except Friday.

1 Like

Warro John maert - howbart Mundey?

(God it’s easy to talk it, but never been taught to spell it)

Hj Graham - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi John,

Thank you for your greetings! :+1: :smiley:

Possible, I’ll let you know in the next couple of days

Hi John,

Thank you and Rhys for your greetings :grin: (does he understand English?)