New flyer in Stockport

Hi guys, I’m a new flyer living very close to Manchester airport, could anyone suggest a place to go and practice?

1 Like

it might be a bit far but I have 3 big open areas near me in Bolton, and no problems with anyone

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC Carl

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the nuthouse :upside_down_face:

Hi Carl / @Clarkey59, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome Carl.

Welcome Carl.

Thanks

Any suggestions of places to practice from @Mungmeister?

PS: I live in Sale, I used to practice at Turn Moss in Stretford, which is safely outside the airport no-fly zone. There should be somewhere nearer to you though @Clarkey59.

Hi @kvetner @Clarkey59
Long time no speak- Brabyns Park at the back of Aqueduct is ideal, if you go past the football pitches and onto the land there its ideal message me if you want me to take you over I’m only down the road

2 Likes

Thanks, definitely need to find somewhere local.

Thanks for the advice.

Will send u video I did there so u get the idea of the place

1 Like

Cheers :+1: