New Goggles for the THFS2

I’ve started to play around with the googles that came with my starter pack but I’ve got to admit - I’m not keen on them.

I can see the readout at the bottom properly and they feel too small on my face.

So I’d like to upgrade but know nothing about goggles and what i need to buy to make them work with my drone.

Ive seen a few pair of fat sharks going on flea bay but tbh have no idea what i;d be buying.

Help !

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy is the guy to talk to.
He may even have a suitable pair going :hatching_chick: cheep cheep :hatching_chick: at Easter time

1 Like

I don’t think you’d want my goggles. They’ve been modded out of recognition! The dvr has packed up so I’ve stuck on an external dvr, added a fan and a module bay. But looks tatty.

2 Likes

Adds character is the sales talk you need Karl

4 Likes

Thanks Steve, I’m always one for an “eggcellent” deal :joy:

4 Likes

That’s cool. So what would work or is it a case that any would work?

Do I need to make and changes or modifications to the THFS2 to make them work?

I’m really unsure - i see what I perceive to be bargains but its pointless buying them if they wont work or will require much more modding

1 Like

“One off, custom styling” :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m far to honest to be a salesman

Any 5.8ghz goggles will work. Skyzones have built in receivers, fatsharks need an external module so that may add to the cost. Box goggles can be nice, but they are heavy on the head.
Do you want something cheap? Or high spec?
It’s always best to try some on first. Where are you based?

1 Like

Definetly… I’ll second that :smiley:

2 Likes

You do get the odd honest salesman or at least thats what i tell my clients :sunglasses:

My budget is around £100 and I don’t mind if thats on used or new.

I’ve seen a few pairs of fat sharks sub £100(used) so would be interested to learn the costs of a receiver module on top.

I’m based up in Doncaster but travel often when life gets back to normal

2 Likes

Probably £30 to £130 depending on the make, or less if second hand.
I might be up your way next Wednesday or Thursday

1 Like

Seems I have a lot to learn and probably need to increase my budget a little too.

Let me know if you are up this way.

I work from home so can usually get an hour or so off when needed

3 Likes

No problem. I’ll be coming back from Aberdeen probably Thursday daytime. I’ll bring 3 sets of goggles

3 Likes

Just a thought if you connect the Tinyhawk to a computer and use Betaflight configurator you can change and move around the info that is displayed in the goggles this will be located in the OSD tab you can just move the info further up so you can see it? Just incase you didn’t know :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds good to me.
:ok_hand:t2:

Hey Howard this is the reason I ended up going for separates instead of RTF kit. I knew I would want to upgrade very quickly lol
Have fun trying on the different goggles with Karl :+1:t2:
I did buy my goggles used off ebay but it took me a long time to find the ones I wanted for a reasonable price. You can find a good deal if you keep your eyes peeled :eyes: :grin:

2 Likes

Literally just made a few changes to that on beta flight whilst resisting the temptation to play around with too many things

1 Like

Thanks, @SirGunner - I’ll chalk that one down to experience and add the stuff that came with the kit to my ever-growing boxes of drone spares!

Yeah I’m looking forward to trying more goggles and have given myself this weekend to “try” to improve my basic fpv skills.

The good news is now have 10 batteries at my disposal so I have a bit longer to fly between charges now!.

I’m a bit of a lover of ebay so nearly always have a few things I’m watching.

2 Likes

I’m not saying you did it the wrong way mate (in all honesty I think I have done it the wrong way) lol
That was just my reasoning to why I went with separates :grin:
You’re already out flying and getting better while I’m still sat at home on my arse grounded lol
Definitely try the goggles with Karl and you’ll get a feel for which style you like best :+1:t2:
I quite like ebay too so like you normally have a few items on the watch list

2 Likes

No, I’m not saying you did. I’m saying I probably did :joy:.

I’ve also realised that I’m flying with both batteries and not just one like some have suggested to do so.

After a few flights it’s fairly easy to do LOS and the fpv part will come with practice.

1 Like