New Goggles for the THFS2

I got Eachine EV800D as I did not like the RTF kit, I knew I want to be able to build or upgrade my drone without thinking while starting out forking out 100"s until I’m really sure on how I move forward in this FPV world. They binded with my THFS 2 straight away. I do wear glasses and found this great without, built in battery last 2 hrs can also plug upto a battery if needed. You would be best trying out before buying expensive as with me eyesight suit box goggles.

3 Likes

I fully agree regarding glasses and box goggles / small goggles.
The 3 I have to try are the ev800d box goggles, skyzone 02s v+ and hdo2.
I had to print a spacer for the ev800d as they were blurry.

2 Likes

Box works for me, my left eye got glass fragments from a bottle smashed into it so only get block vision, my right eye has compensated for it even stronger. :+1:

3 Likes

Karl, You can take my FXT Viper visor style with you if you wish :+1:
@Howard78 Good to wear with spectacles.

4 Likes

Thanks @ziceman . The stock ones arnt great and I found they just didn’t sit right and felt way too small for me.

I’m fortunate that I don’t wear glasses yet so feel that opens up a few more choices for me.

I’d previously owned a parrot bebop fpv kit that used box sized goggles and didn’t like them either as they felt too big.

I’m sure I’ll find some soon and will definitely consider the ones you mentioned

2 Likes

Been out for a fly today. Bit windy and mostly LOS as I struggled with the goggles.

Couldnt see in the standard mode and when I went in to the others it was just too chaotic and ended up on the deck.

I’ll keep trying and here’s a short video for your ammusement.

2 Likes

Your spotter has excellent eyes :wink:

2 Likes

Careful you don’t kill your lipos flying line of sight as you won’t be able to see the voltage to determine when it’s time to land.

1 Like

Quick little things aren’t they

2 Likes

That was LOS Chris so I’d agree my eyes are pretty good :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ve been setting a 3.30 timer so I land as soon as the buzzer starts.
Now have 10 batteries to keep me going :grinning:

2 Likes

They are. I took my nephew as a spotter and took the mavic mini and pro so he could “try” them and keep him amused.

The raw acceleration is better than the mavic IMO

2 Likes

This. :point_up_2:

I killed my first lipo trying to fly LOS. It was a good excuse to give up and not bother.

I still can’t fly LOS in acro.

2 Likes

Funny you mention that. I’ve been trying it for a while and just spazzing out.
But a couple of days ago it just clicked. Felt good

2 Likes

I’d read about not letting them drop below a certain voltage and guessed that if I kept the time below 4 mins then I should be ok. So far so good.

I’m also using two 1s batteries rather than one.

I just need to transition to using the goggles now and get it in to horizon or angle.

1 Like

I had CP helicopters years ago and struggled with them too.

Just when I think it’s going well I’m out of control and smacking the ground.

Don’t think I have the patience

2 Likes

It’s definitely clicked with me. LOS totally confident now - well in angle at least.

1 Like

I had a few years flying syma and cheerson quads.
Back in the days where you had no stabilising or alt holding and gps was something to dream of

Stay there. The force is strong with you :+1:

3 Likes

If your flying acro with no issue there’s no reason to bother with horizon or angle.

2 Likes