New Goggles for the THFS2

:point_up:t2: this: don’t even setup a switch for horizon, might be worth having an angle mode switch for the oh shit moments but I’d probably not even both with angle either :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Hang on, I’ve got a feeling I may have these all the wrong way round.

The setting I’m using is the tamest so I’m guessing that’s angle and not acro

Does it level up if you let go of the right hand stick?

Yes, it’s the tame setting.
Tried the middle setting which I’m guessing is horizon and managed a flip and then to send it to the grass.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like Angle mode to me. Switch all the forward I’m going to guess would be Acro and in the middle will be horizon.

1 Like

Yeah just found a manual online and it’s angle mode.

So it’s best to practice LOS with acro?

Good luck with that :rofl:

1 Like

I tried earlier flipped and hit the deck.
The middle mode was a bit more manageable.

Guess I just need to practice plenty more

Mate get the goggles on, wayyyyyyyy easier to fly acro with the goggles on :+1:t2:

1 Like

Back out again tomorrow and hoping for less wind this time.

Goggles on is my challenge for tomorrow

3 Likes

If you don’t mind travelling to the north midlands, you’re welcome to join @Steviegeek and I. But watch out for the covid police

2 Likes

If you like crashing, yeah :wink:

Like @DeanoG60 said, it’s so much easier with the goggles on.

As long as you can fly basic LOS in angle mode your fine. The main point of these drones is FPV.

I fly acro with goggles on and flip to angle when landing or have problem with goggles (not happened yet).

2 Likes

If you’re struggling with the goggles on then my guess would be that you haven’t adjusted the camera angle. When I first got my tinyhawk the camera angle out of the box was set to its maximum up tilt. If you loosen the 2 screws on either side of the camera you can adjust the up tilt of the camera. For just starting to fly FPV I’d recommend a low up tilt. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Dean. The stock goggles are proper naff mate

4 Likes

Still worth noting that the tinyhawk ships with maximum up tilt lol

4 Likes

Weren’t being funny mate

3 Likes

I’m not too worried about travelling and have had my first jab so should be good.

North midlands doesn’t sound too far tbh and I’m next to main motorways.

Sounds like a good plan :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah thats exactly what happened it hit the deck!

I can manage LOS in angle mode confidently.

My plan tomorrow is to find somewhere thats not windy and fly circuits in an oval shape alternating left then right with my goggles on.

That should build up the confidence and skills a bit i hope

1 Like

I think you are correct and I’ll get it adjusted now.
i thought that was due to the Acro mode making that like a normal view :man_facepalming:t3:

Thanks @DeanoG60

2 Likes

This is very true too