New LiftOff map is fun

They’ve also optimised the engine a little and added several new controller setups, so you can enter your BetaFlight parameters and so forth.

Not messed with it much, but enjoyed having a new area to play in. Lots of good lines and gaps. Definitely worth a look if you already have LiftOff.

1 Like

what are you using to run this, I have the DJI FPV & could really do with putting tons of hours into flying this compared to the actual expensive hardware, thanks Tony

You can run it on most pc or Mac computers.
I downloaded it from Steam to my Mac and plugged in my transmitter.

I believe it shouldn’t work with the DJI tx too.

The new map is cracking - up there with the construction site imo

1 Like

This should help you get started.

I tend to fly the dockyard a lot as well.

1 Like

Yeah, them cranes are brilliant for power loop and split s practicing :sunglasses:

Thought I may as well necro-bump this thread rather than starting a new one.

The new “Surtur” map for LiftOff just dropped. It is indeed, huge and epic but… it’s a lot of open space with just a few points of interest to play with. The volcano is fun, and the geothermal plant, and you can get to the top of the mountains and dive back down them. If you want cinematic cruising, then I think the Tryp environments are nicer, but if you already have LiftOff and don’t want to stump up for yet another sim, then the Surtur map does offer something new.

Must update and get some stick time in!

Haven’t been flying much at all lately, real or virtual.

On the plus side, all my quads are still fully functional (as far as I can remember). Maybe the Nazgul, the eternal problem child…

Same, not at all. Complete break, dunno why I’m keen but just can’t get to it! Have the time too!, lol

We’ve been tinywhooping like crazy…

Unfortunately Saturday isn’t good for me. :frowning: Shame, because it looks like James is struggling to keep it going.

In other news, this looks like a good “spot”.

He desperately needs more people to come to the tinywhoop sessions.

Yes, it’s been on my radar for ages. I heard that they didn’t like quads there though, so I have been putting it down the bottom of my list.

I would have thought a slightly higher cover charge would be better. He needs a dozen people to break even at current pricing, and that’s starting to feel like a crowd. Of course, as someone who already has an hour each way and an 80 mile round trip, keeping the cost down appeals to me. :grin:

I did have a bit of a scout around to see if I could find similar suitable venues a bit closer to home but not really had much luck.

I suspected that might be the case. That farmhouse looks very close.

I have said this…

Annual membership/pass might be another way. though that’s a lot up front, easier to pay 5/10 quid every session!

Bi-annual or Quarterly might be another way. If you use something a lot and can make a saving by doing it that way, then it might hook people. But if you only do it once in a while then it might not.

I mentioned Magpie Mine to Yith, late December. Would need to be an early morning rip, because they apparently hate quadcopters and are generally hostile. But if you fly at times when no one is on site, it should be fine. I want to fly it later in the year when i can maybe rock up at 6am and just rip a few packs then move on. If others were to be there too, it would be nice as well.

1 Like

Let me know. I’m not an early riser myself, but my spotter, my son, won’t shift at all early mornings at the weekends…

1 Like

Definitely up for this. I have no problem at all with early starts.

1 Like

You’re his spotter and engineer too! And you love it heh

1 Like