New Mavic Air Pilot from Wiltshire, UK

Hello everybody, newbie here, thought it would be good to drop an introduction in before posting. Flew my Mavic Air for first time today - it’s incredible how much of a difference GPS makes. Will try and fly tomorrow as well. Appreciate any tips you guys can give :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Benjamin / @Bwoody321 , and welcome to GADC.

Many members are also Mavic Air owners, so you’re in good company and there’ll be plenty of experience to draw on if ever you need it, by asking any questions in the #questions-and-answers section.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll get an idea if there are other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown. Obviously, this is mainly populated by posts from the more sedate drones than yours, but there’s always a change that it might be of assistance.

1 Like

Hi Ben welcome to the madhouse
Don’t be afraid to ask any question you may have we all have questions and someone will always have an answer

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Bwoody321

2 Likes

Hi @Bwoody321 and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :smiley:

Hope today’s flight goes well / is going well / went well :+1:t2:

What are your Syma drones like to fly??

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :blush: Much appreciated. To answer @PingSpike i must admit they are horrible compared to my Mavic. Sure, they are great drones to learn on but the Mavic has way more features and is SO much more stable. No GPS on either of them + a really bad 720/570p camera :joy:

1 Like

It is my best freinds birthday this March and I want to get him a cheap drone/Syma so he can learn as well. I emailed them personally asking if I could do a YouTube review - haven’t got a reply so far :joy:

1 Like

But you learning with a Syma will help you heaps should you ever lose GPS on you Mavic.

1 Like

@MementoMori oh yeah definitely. I wouldn’t feel half as confident as I am now about flying expensive stuff if I didn’t learn the basics first

Great way to get use to flying a drone the Syma are !.
Its a “You have to fly it” drone, glad you are into a real drone with the Air, lovely stable little baby they are !
Oh, and welcome @Bwoody321 to our little madhouse, grab a chair and get involve in the chit chat !.
(They let us all back in tomorrow , at breakfast !)
begsy first with the pee bottle !

1 Like

Welcome @Bwoody321, the Mavic Air is a fine choice of drone and has a special place in my heart! There isnt much you cannot do with a Mavic Air that you cant do with the Pros these days! It’ll serve you well!

If you havent already consider the multi-battery charger and some extra batteries, you’ll be wanting those soon!

Enjoy and good luck!

2 Likes

@Longstride Yes although I would have liked to get the fly more combo, it was slightly too expensive so I got a standard MA instead - flies like a dream