New member based near Selby, Yorkshire

Hi all, Just joined and not flown my drone yet (dji Air 2 S) so just doing a bit of research. Looking forward to capturing some decent footage over the coming months.

3 Likes

Hi Tony - welcome to GADC :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the group, you’ll soon be hooked once you start flying​:laughing::+1:t2:

1 Like

Any Help you need im in selby flying dji for 6 years
cheers
Paul

1 Like

Cheers Paul, I’m in Barlby so we might be able to catch up sometime.

No problem happy to help if I can there several spots I use locally
I’m retired so lots of spare time

1 Like

Hi Paul,matey here, I’m ex Selby but now reside in knotingley and new to drone flying, I often go into Selby so any flying spots would be welcome

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/2b6dLumKPkDPCuCGA

One spot near burn often go
Naburn lock great place

1 Like

Hi @hoffers and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

As @paulmouncer has said give us a shout where always out and about flying, him more than me with the life of leisure he leads ;o) I’m in Camblesfortth

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome. A fair few of us from around this way.
Sure we arrange something

2 Likes

I’m in Barlby as well.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I’ve a DJI Air 2 S drone and really hoping to fly it but through my Samsung Galaxy 20e android mobile when I go to camera view it says ‘RC Not Connected’. I managed to download DJI Fly App from website. I want to eliminate the controller as the cause of the problem so can anyone local (I’m near Selby) try out my controller with their drone to see if it works or not? I will probably get an ipad eventually but it’s frustrating not being able to fly at all.

Galaxy A20e

Im betting its more a device issue.

I can meet next week, I’m not a million miles away and try my phone with your drone and controller.

I don’t have an Air2S and I don’t think the Mini 2 controllers plays with the Air2S]

Perhaps my pal @speatuk can offer some help he has everything DJI ;o)

Yep I can I have an A2s just say when and I’ll do my best to accommodate you :+1:t2:

I upgraded to an IPad mini 6 and that’s now working fine. Just getting used to my Air 2 S and will let some of my footage ‘escape’.

Hi Paul, I think I’ve seen posts by you on Facebook with footage/pics of local area.

Yes I’m never in camera drone
YouTube
https://youtube.com/user/theeismann2810

1 Like