New member Central South Coast

Recently I bought a DJI Mini 4K. I am very new to the hobby with no previous experience and am concerned to fly responsibly. I have joined the club for its wealth of information and to benefit from the experience of others - and hopefully make contributions myself in due course!

8 Likes

Hi @CaptainTweaky and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi there @CaptainTweaky David :wave:t2: welcome to the club.

3 Likes

Hi David @CaptainTweaky and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Davide @CaptainTweaky - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi David. I was born in Turk Town! (But had the good sense to move away when I was three weeks old :slight_smile: )

A bit of a circular journey saw me land on Hayling many years back so if you need advice about some of the local sites - please ask!

2 Likes

Robert - many thanks. As I visit Hayling Island on a very regular basis, I should certainly be interested in any good sites on the Island. I have been to the Eastern shore of Portsmouth Harbour but so far that’s it.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

Welcome David to GADC :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Have a look at Drone Scene, I have put a few Hayling sites on there. Some are good for dog walking too. Send me a message when you intend coming over if the weather looks good and we can meet up.

3 Likes

That would excellent - in the meantime I’ll take a look at Drone Scene. Whenever I visit Hayling I always meet up with a friend, so there’d likely be 2 of us but just me with a drone.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @CaptainTweaky

You have definately come to the right group. No question is a silly one. Great choice of drone, lovely little machine.

1 Like

Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Hey @CaptainTweaky David, Welcome to GADC I live between yourself and @macspite in Pompey! If it’s a wealth of information and a great online and in person experience you seek then you have absolutely come to the right place :+1:

I fly regularly ( weather permitting ) mainly around the Pompey area with my Air 3 and favour the Hilsea and Eastney areas.

I have family and co worker’s who live in Gosport and did own a house in the Brockhurst area myself many many moons ago!

Andy

3 Likes

Andy hi - many thanks for your message. It would be good to meet up sometime as I do have a lot to become familiar with. I do find some of the rules and regs to be both ambiguous and unclear sometimes, so it can be difficult to separate right from wrong! :smiley:

2 Likes