New Member from Doncaster

Just found this place while searching online - it looks great so joined and thought I’d introduce myself

I’ve been flying for years now - since 2013ish.

I started with the small syma quads x5,x8 etc and started modding them for bigger batteries, better camera, better range.
Although they were basic it was a great way to learn to fly without all of the auto stabilisation stuff we have these days.

I’ve then moved to Cheerson Cc 20 and played around with programmed flights and photography (badly) and again modding whatever I could.

I then bought a cheap parrot bebop, upgraded to bebop 2 and even played around with their version of fpv - great fun!.

I’m currently occasionally flying a mavic pro when I get time.
It’s a great drone and bullet proof in my opinion.

I’m looking to start flying more this year and I’ve recently ordered a Tinyhawk 2 to dabble in to fpv flying.

5 Likes

Hey up @Howard78 and welcome to GADC, I’m not far away from you, just down the A19.

Lots of us from this part of the world and in better times we often meet up for a fly and natter.

1 Like

Hi Howard and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Welcome Howard to GADC - you have some great experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey up Chris,

That’s good to hear that there’s a few local.

Having meet ups would be a great excuse to get out flying more!

Looking forward to getting back to some sort of normality!

Thank you SeaHunter!

Thank you.

Yes I’ve had my fair share of scrapes and crashes along the way.

But still love flying

Welcome Howard… just up the A1 in Normanton… cannot wait for all the crap to be over and all the Yorkshire massive get to meet up (even thought i’m Welsh).

MERRY CHRISTMAS and stay safe…

1 Like

I’m also in Doncaster, welcome Howard.:+1:t3:

1 Like

Not too far away at all then!

Sounds like we have the makings of a decent meet once we can then

Thanks for the welcome.

Great to hear you are local too.

Would be good to learn some new places to fly locally

Welcome, I’m not far from you I’m in Barnsley and a novice flyer but a keen photographer. I’d be interested in a meet up too

1 Like

That sounds great.
I’m more experienced with flying and need to learn lots about photography.

What do you fly?

Hi Howard, I fly the MA2, weather and work permitting ofcourse. It’s often too dark when I get home from work.
I had a walk out to Conisbrough Viaduct a few weekends back but unfortunately the weather was terrible so I couldn’t fly but it’s a great location out your way.

1 Like

I know exactly where you mean. I’ve ventured that way on my cycle a few times.
Will get the backpack out and take the Mavic with me next time and get some pics.

Just wish the weather would clear up!

I’m with you on the weather situation.

1 Like

Welcome & Merry Christmas :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you too!