Hello everyone! I’m 64 years young and live just north of Dumfries. I’ve just joined having bought my first drone (DJI Mini 3) a couple of days ago. Been doing a lot of research and got my Flyer ID and Operator ID. I’m a bit apprehensive about my first flight so I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos on safe take-offs and landings so I become as familiar with controls and things as far as possible before venturing out.
I must say, the Club and the website look absolutely terrific with so much advice and information, and the included insurance is an amazing plus-point. I’m looking forward to being a member and learning more about drone flying. All the best, Alan.
Flying a drone is great fun but sometimes you feel the need to have a purpose for doing so and the Challenges category provides some great reasons for you to fly.
There are regular challenges which are open to all, that attract members of all abilities. Support, advice and constructive criticism is freely available; still photography, video and the techniques for editing both are involved in the challenges. Suggestions, for subjects or for complete challenges, are always welcome - take a look in the Challenges category for more information.
We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.
And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.
Just take it easy mate
Fly on open fielda for now… DJI is a very good drone and it is very stable also
So don’t be concerned about wind, exept if is quite strong …