New member in Norfolk

Hi, I’m Stu. I have been tinkering with building my own drones for years. Then around about the time it got a bit silly with the DJI explosion I shelved my drones while I pursued a career flying helicopters for real. After 23 hours (9 on Schweizer 300CBi and 14 on Guimbal Cabri G2) I fell ill and had to give up that goal and to keep my itch scratched I have returned to drones once again. I have a Mavic Pro 2 Enterprise now as I wanted a stable platform for photography. My cobbled-together TBS clones with cheap gimbals were fun to build but since the more serious regulations that have come in since I was previously flying, I thought it best to be safe. I have some self-build FPV drones still though. I am registered on a PfCO course so once complete, I’m looking to get out and about with it more. I’m looking for sites around Norfolk that are good for both photography and FPV flying if anyone is able to help out? I am a little concerned about flying in locations that upset the locals. Ummm, that’s about it. :wave:

3 Likes

Hi Stu and welcome to GADC. Little bit to far North for you myself but @chrisjohnbaker is your man for the Norfolk area.

4 Likes

HI Stu,
I’m in North Norfolk as well. Welcome! . I hope we get to meet sometime.

1 Like

Hi @rogerj ! Yes, I’m going to need someone that knows what they are talking about in the area! Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Stu, welcome to GADC , add yourself to the members map and make good use of the site especially the magnifying glass search icon in top right there are loads of useful posts there . As its been said @chrisjohnbaker is one of the best fountains of local knowledge here and I’m sure he will be along as soon as he gets time . There are a few of us Norfolk members always ready to help. Enjoy and have fun.

1 Like

Thank you @scottydog for the welcome! @chrisjohnbaker certainly seems to be high in praise. I look forward to meeting you all at some point.

1 Like

@chrisjohnbaker kindly agreed to be my mentor when I started out and got me through my CofC and I wouldn’t be out there flying if it wasn’t for his help and guidance, one of the best , the members on GADC are all great and so helpful, I owe a lot to GADC as well.

3 Likes