New Member South east London

Evening all, Jim from London here, I was given a Holy stone HS110G (I do a lot of photography and my brother thought I might like it) it was the first time I’d flown a drone it was a lot of fun, however after a short while I realised the camera wasn’t particularly good and the handling was not particularly responsive if there was any wind at all, so here I am 4 weeks later with a DJI A2s, a A2 c of c, as well as an article 16 under my belt!! This flying lark is blinking addictive isn’t it (not to mention expensive :rofl::rofl:) so that’s me! :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Hi @Jimpb and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome aboard mate, new member myself and still exploring this massive site! :laughing: As you say expensive hobby but certainly enjoyable :+1:

@Jimpb Hi Jim welcome to the club

1 Like

Thanks mate! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks Pete, still very much a newbie but having a lot of fun :star_struck:

1 Like

Hey, welcome!
I’m also a new member from South east London :upside_down_face:
Just seen you are from Sydenham, very local to me, i spend a lot of time there in the highstreet, and crystal palace park. Flew in mayo park a few times too, you are probably familiar with it

2 Likes

Hi Jim and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Hi Jim - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Jim to GADC :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hi Louis,

Yes I know all those areas very well, I’ve been practicing in the local parks too! :+1:t3:

Thanks Dave,

It’s turning out to be very interesting and informative :+1:t3:

Thanks Dave appreciate the welcome :+1:t3::+1:t3:

Thanks Ian good to be here :pray:t2::+1:t3:

1 Like

Hi Jim, welcome from the Black Country mate.

1 Like

Thanks John appreciate the shout out! :+1:t3::+1:t3: