New mini 2 flyer - Nottingham

Hello to all, I,m a new member, just brought a DJI Mini 2, I live in Nottingham, would like to know of any places around my area to use this drone and learn its ability as well as mine, I,m a retired man so can travel most days,

7 Likes

Hi @Clothead and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi nice to meet you and thanks for the information, I,m a old boy so may take me some time to get up to speed with the site

1 Like

Hi Steven - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

hey wheree in nottingham are you based as im in stapleford :slight_smile:

Welcome.

Can;t wait until i can retire and can actually fly. Whenever I do get a day to myself lately the weather is pants!

Yes it’s fantastic I don’t know how I had time to go to work, :joy:

Welcome to the group @Clothead, also from Nottingham. Bennerley Viaduct is a popular spot for this group.

1 Like

Just need to be careful as some of the smaller councils have restriction such as Gedling restrict flying from the Country Park.

I’ve flown from Bulwell Forest Recreation ground across the golf course with no issues.

Thanks for that information looks impressive I will make this my first area to fly and shoot some footage, just got to wait for the flyer ID transfers to arrive to place on the drone just want to be all correct flying this , thanks for your help and safe flying,

You mean Operator ID transfers, of course. :wink:

sticky lable and a sharpie till it comes.

2 Likes

Correct im a Wally yes that’s right , also did the on line flyers test and got a pass just thought every little helps

1 Like

To be fair, I think most of us do. :slight_smile:

Raspberry there’s no rush as the misty weather makes flying around here a bit iffy,

1 Like

Welcome mate… Happy flying

Greetings and welcome to the club!

1 Like

Welcome @Clothead

Hi there that was a early hello time 04.30 this morning, quite a surprise :flushed:

Hi, I live near Derby and have lots of suggestions for flying in the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire areas. Take a look at my YouTube Playlist for some ideas: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX40jjEouMg4BQ0OudB6MHko4iAUVP0_8