New pilot - Greenwich

Hiya peeps I’m a newbie to drones (uav) . Ok I got my first drone 20/1/20. I saw an internet add about x drone. I thought wow. I was hooked. However the wait seemed forever. (2.5 weeks ) I received my baby. So not knowing anything about our shared passion. I tried to read the instructions book (leaflet) so I checked out YouTube . Anything about learning to fly a drone. Within 4 days I purchased my 2nd baby a low cost mjx bugs 4w. I have learned to fly indoors with my x drone (bad weather) never been outside to this day. Crashed many times until i progressed to flying from room to room (no prop guards). I have flown my bugs 4w indoors but it’s too big. So for valentine’s day I adopted a dji mavic mini (fly more) this is my journey so far. I’m registered operator just waiting for good weather and hopefully new friends who share our mutual love

11 Likes

welcome. if you are near me I have 4 areas that I can practice 2 are quite large . in in Bolton near Manchester

Welcome Barry, to the place some of us call the mad house !.
Great bunch of Guys (and some Gals) on here to help you on your Drone journey.
Feel free to pick our brains, many of us have been flying drones for a long time, so you are in very experienced hands on here.
One of the Mods will be along shortly to Officially welcome you to GADC.

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone

2 Likes

Well I’m willing to travel

3 Likes

Hi Barry / @freeebee, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

That’s a healthy, and rapid, progression through a few drone! :ok_hand:

An ever-increasing number of our members also own the Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

(Moved this thread over to #introductions :+1:)

Where abouts in the UK are you based?

1 Like

Hello and welcome.

Welcome to the group :+1:t3:

As others have said, plenty of good people on here who are always willing to help with any questions. Perhaps have a look at some upcoming meet ups to see if any are close to you, could be good experience for you.

1 Like

Hello Barry and welcome to GADC from a soggy Lincolnshire.

1 Like

Welcome to the site
Plenty info to be had on here :+1:

Hiya I’m willing to travel weather permits

Hi From Cheshire.
I too have a Bugs 4w flew it once or twice indoors but yeah too big really.
I adopted a DJI Tello great for indoor practising.

Where abouts in the UK are you, Barry?

Hey Stevelyt,
Not too far from Bolton myself wouldn’t mind tagging along for some pratice when the weather gets better.
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Steve

I am a novice as well having had a false start with the air last year.

I now have a mini and cant wait to get out and practice so i would really appreciate tagging along if you don’t mind sometime picking up tips and advice?

Thank very much

hopefully there will be a break in the weather tomorrow , so I will be down to my local park , check my meet , on the meeting in the meeting thread,

cheers Steve

Hi Harry welcome to the club I own 3 drones the latest being the Mavic Mini but due to the bad weather here in Portsmouth I haven’t been able to fly it. There is load of help here I myself can’t thank enough of the help I’ve had from strangers.Good luck regards Irvine

1 Like

Sorry it’s Barry not Harry smiles

Greenwich… I have not been outside yet as the weather yaada yaada yaada. But I am weather watching daily (boring lol) but I’m flying every day indoors

1 Like

I’ve updated the thread title to indicate your location. :+1:

Don’t forget to add yourself to the map, too. :wink: