New To Drones - from Widnes

Hi all,
I have just purchased a MJX Bugs BW4 4K.
I am new to drones and this got good reviews for beginners.
I’m looking for a place’s to fly in the Widnes or the surronding area, I have seen the post and some places mentioned and I will check them out.
Is there is anyone who goes to these places regularly can you advise if there is any issues with people or obstacles etc…
Kind regards
Newtoodrones.

2 Likes

Hi Pete / @Newtoodrones, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Moved your post to a new thread.

Quite a few of our members also own a MJX so, whilst in a minority you are no less welcome!

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

I’ve been to a few places in the Widnes area, let us know if there are specific ones where you want to know more.

1 Like

Welcome to the club Pete enjoy your new hobby it’s great fun👌

Hi Kevtner,
Thanks for your reply much appreciated.
Could you tell me which ones you have visited please, I can then have a look in greater detail.
Cheers

Hi Scubadave63,
I’m looking forward to flying it as I have not done so yet.
Cheers.

Fiddler’s Ferry power station, Dream, Mersey Gateway bridge, and the Sankey Viaduct. Also the wind farm at Frodsham. Of those, I’d say Dream is the best for a beginner, but best to practice in a field or park somewhere first of all!

Thats great, thanks for the advice.
I guess I have to register this drone before flying it anywhere presumably?
Cheers.

If it’s over 250g, then yes.

Hi,
Yes it is, similiar size to a mavic pro.
I’m somewhat confused with the registration procedure, as an owner/flyer do you need an operators ID or Flyer ID?
Sorry if this seams like a stupid question.
Cheers

Both

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, I’m pretty new to this as well so from what I have learnt in last few weeks is essential reading,
you also really need to read up on general stuff as much as you can. Download the Drone Assist APP and visit The Drone Scene website, read for a week, take the CAA exam, register, print off your labels… register your flight plan with CAA, charge your batteries, then you are just about set to go, once you get land owners permission for take off and landing… but if local land and no bylaws, which you need to check first so you might be ok, follow Drone Code and off you go… yes came as a surprise to me too… ha-ha… Cheers. PS check it’s not forestry commision, Natural England or SSSI site your flying over and you should be ok… good luck.

Hi Malcy,
Thank you for that information it has made it a bit clearer of what I need to do.
Kind regards
Pete.

Update!
I just took the CAA test and passed that, I also have my flying ID and operators ID.
Next thing to work on is were I am going to have my first flight.
Cheers all.

2 Likes

Hi Pete and welcome to the site.

Just been checking out the MJX Bugs.
That is a lot of kit for the money, looks a brilliant machine.

I hope you have great fun flying her!

Hi Boydey,
Thank you for the welcome.
Yes it seems that you get alot for the money, has some great reviews.
I know the gimbal is limited on the camera but for learning purposes I don’t really mind.
Just itching to fly it now but the weather is a bit rubbish.
Cheers
Pete.

1 Like