New to drones in Southwest

Hi All,
I’ve just joined the group, have been flying drones for some time. I’ve got a Mavic Pro and a phantom 4 Pro that I got to do some aerial photography. Also just got my A2 CofC just to demonstrate that I’m qualified to fly within the UK restrictions as I’ve been asked many times am I legally able to fly.

I’ve been a member of the BMFA for many years flying both fixed wing Gliders and powered aircraft as well as rotary, now extending to drones but mainly for photography.
I’m located near Wells so have a nice area that’s just waiting to be explored.

3 Likes

Hi mate, welcome from the Black Country. I’ve got a couple of P4Ps and they must be most stable drones in the hangar.

1 Like

Cheers Hotrodspike,
Hi from Wells,
They are certainly stable and have pretty good camera giving nice photographs and videos.
I’ve been toying with getting the Mavic 2 Pro with it’s Hassleblad 20MP 1inch sensor or maybe go for the Mavic Air 2 with it’s 48MP camera but smaller sensor, which ways to go for the best photography?

Hi mate

I’ve got one of each of those as well! It all depends on what you’re going to do with them, the M2P is good for taking stunning stills and really good videos, the MA2 not quite as good, but not far behind. Basically, you pays your money (lots of it) and takes your choice!

John

1 Like

Welcome to the club Chris :+1: from another zomerzet pilot :wave:

1 Like

Thanks John,
I was thinking of the MP2, it’s camera seems to be the clincher,
Best regards
Chris

Hi CSteamy2010,
Not so Sunny Somerset today :slightly_smiling_face:
Where abouts are you located.
Can’t wait until we can all get back out again :grin:
Happy flying and Blue Skies
Chris

1 Like

Little village of North Petherton between Taunton & Bridgwater. Will be good to get the meets going again. Not long hopefully :relieved:

1 Like

We know it well, my mother and father in law lived in North Petherton. My wife’s sister lives just outside Bridgwater so we are often over that way.
Yes, can’t wait until we can all get back out again :grin:

1 Like

Hi Chris and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll be sure to add you to the list when the next meet is organised :+1:

2 Likes

Hi

1 Like

Cheers, that would be great thanks
regards
Chris

1 Like

Hi from Wells

Just tried to get a M2P with the Smart controller from Amazon Market Place, all seemed to be going OK, then when decided to purchase my bank Fraud Team contacted me and said that the account that I was transferring to had been identified as being used for scams… :pensive: I continued the discussion with the seller, they made out that they didnt know what was wrong when I told them that my bank had stopped the payment as it was a scam linked account… :thinking: When I suggested using PayPal as it would protect me, they stopped communicating… :smirk: :unamused: Why people are doing their upmost to rip people off particularly in these Covid19 times is beyond me, not nice at all… :disappointed:

3 Likes

Because they are (some very not nice words) thats why. Winds me up big time people like this really do.

1 Like

itstor on ebay have got a M2P with Smart Controller for £1420 + free postage, refurbed, but I’ve had stuff from them before and it’s always been top notch. Only 1 left.

1 Like

I saw that one, perhaps knowing that this seller is good I should go with it, cheers
Chris

1 Like

They’re very good, never had any trouble, free quick delivery, good customer relations as well!

1 Like

Another Somerset drone pilot checking in…

I live close to @McSteamy2010 - so much so I actually looked up when at the local Tescos the other day to see if I could see his drone. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes