New to the club. Hi from Bolton

Hi to all and thanks for the invite @pingspike. I’m new to flying drones but I’ve been into RC models from an early age, I also have nitro and petrol cars and a helicopter. Photography is something new to me as well so I’m learning all the time.
I live in Bolton and I’m looking forward to a trip up to Rivington for some aerial shots of the reservoirs, pics later in the year.
Pete.

2 Likes

Hi Pete / @Cavski69 . And welcome to GADC.

A large number of members also own the Mavic Pro and/or Mavic Air, so if you have any questions ask away over on #questions-and-answers and someone with the relevant knowledge will be happy to offer advice.

There’s also a vast amount of photographic knowledge, too, so there’s always be a few people happy to field these questions.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi…

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Welcome to the madhouse

Yeah I got a nitro. Always a pain to keep running. And welcome!

There goes the neighbourhood another boltonian
Welcome to the madhouse
did rivvy a few times and near curlies chippy too but be careful near the mast it can play havoc with the drone
Give us a shout weather permitting of course if you want a meet up

Hi @Cavski69 and welcome mate!

We’ve a few heli owners on here too so you’re in good company.

As @OzoneVibe said, you’ll see we’ve a pretty big north west contingent here too :wink:

1 Like

And not all eat pies…

1 Like

Hi Pete and welcome, I love the photos side but also like the greater control of a UAV .

1 Like