New to this in Halifax , need help with purchase

hi everyone , i am new to this and have not yet bought a drone , i know everyone has there own ideas on what to buy , but i could do with a little help here , i noticed that there are members in halifax , i too are from halifax so maybe a meet up with someone to show me how it’s done and give me advice would be good , i know it’s a big ask but please help , thanks

1 Like

Hi @bobydazler and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

This might the best way to get help locally, The answer is going to be Mini 2 though I can almost guarantee it

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

thanks for that , i have been looking at the dji’s and from what i have googled they sound ok for a beginer they are also reasonably priced

Beginner or seasoned flyer.

Familiarise yourself with the rules for flying and the different classes, its a good place to start

Our very own Good2Go will help

This ^ :smiley:

2 Likes

You are more than welcome to come along to this meetup I am arranging for Yorkshire Members of the British Drone Flyers this Sunday. https://yorkshiredroneflyers.org/castle-hill-12-12-21

If the weather is suitable you can also have a go with my Mini2

Hi Robert - welcome to GADC :+1:

Chris’ recommendation of a DJI Mini 2 is spot on - fly it almost anywhere legally and certainly the most popular drone for all levels of ability :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I am from Huddersfield if you need any help regarding drone and rules reply me

Welcome to the group, Robert.

I too would recommend the DJI Mini2 as a first drone, or as the only drone you’ll ever need. I say the only drone you’ll ever need as not everyone buys a drone with the intention of being an aerial photographer, in the same way that when camcorders became common place not everyone had aspirations to become the next Ridley Scott. You may find yourself being a casual user of a drone and the Mini2 is ideal for this. It’s small enough to take on family outings without enlisting the rest of the family into becoming your personal road crew. However the performance and the results you’ll obtain from the Mini2 will be comparable to something costing close to four times as much that was available a year to 18months prior to its release.

morning bigandysy ,thanks for the invite , i have filled in the form and hope to see you on sunday , thanks again

No problem at all, the weather is looking quite reasonable for Sunday so we should be able to get some flights in. I’m bringing mince pies too. :wink:

1 Like

If you buy dji mini 2 you just need a operator id because this drone less than 250 gram not a toy with camera comes in a1 open category, fly over the people but not fly over the assembly of people.

1 Like