Newark Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

The park opposite Newark Castle is often very quite and the council has no byelaws or drone restrictions in place. There is a car park adjacent to the green space.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/07/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

10 Likes

I’ve flown here too @dhx :grin:

I think I saw your post on Facebook, its a great town! If you get a chance you should also do an aerial shot of the Queens Scone for a good view of the old Civil war fort.

1 Like

I want to fly here @dhx, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like

Hi @amarpl, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Welcome @amarpl. I have added parking and take off markers based on my last visit here which was early 2024. Please bear in mind it is a public park, but no council drone restrictions are posted. I have not had any issues in this location usually just interested persons, but if there is a lot of dog walking going on then I’ll find a better time.

Along with the Castle you can get some great shots of the canal along here. If you fly too far towards the market place the castle walls will play havoc with your signal (speaking from experience!).

2 Likes