Newbie from Dundee

Hi all,

I’m new to all of this, having just bought my first drone a DJI Mini 2. Just need a few good places to learn to get the hang of things in the Dundee, N.E. Scotland area, any suggestions most gratefully welcomed.

Thanks,

Martin

1 Like

Hi @outRAGEis and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi @outRAGEis and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hey Martin and welcome to the club. I’m just along the road, near Perth. There are loads of places to fly round the area, but there are also quite a few where you can’t. We have both Dundee and Perth airports. The training camps and ranges at Arbroath and Carnoustie, then there is also Leuchars. Be sure to check out Dronescene as posted above, it will let you know where you can legally fly, and more important, where you can’t.
I’ll have a think about places for practice, but my first suggestion is find somewhere nice and open, with no trees. Plenty football pitches around Dundee which are ideal. Although depending where you choose, I possibly wouldnt be wanting to pull out an expensive drone :joy:
Feel free to send me a private message, I have the same drone and know the surrounding area.

1 Like

Hi @outRAGEis and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

Hi welcome to gadc :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

Hi @outRAGEis - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Greetings and welcome, from another Dundonian. Fly safe!

1 Like

aaawwww naaawww man, not another one!!! we’ll hae tae start talking aboot pehs an bridies, an ingin ins an aw man

1 Like

Welcome and merry Xmas.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC from Fareham
:smiley:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @outRAGEis!

1 Like

Welcome to GADC :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Welcome Martin, have fun and enjoy the forum, lots of useful hints etc. on here.

1 Like

Hi martin welcome to gadc :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: