newbie from kent

morning everyone complete newbie have just taken delivery of a DJI mini2

Hi @ozzy1 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Sean and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

An excellent first drone!

Welcome to GADC @ozzy1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sean,
Welcome to the GADC, I’m sure you will find useful info here.
I was in Kent for a while so know the area quite well.

1 Like

Well done, take it one step at a time and you’ll be ok!!

2 Likes

@ozzy1 Welcome to GADC and enjoy you drone.

Hi, I also new on here but got my drone back in June.

First few flights can be a bit nervy, but just build up the hours taking it simple at first. Go find a massive field somewhere and practice take offs, landings, send the drone off then using the return to home and general flying.

After a few flights the nerves go and it’s plain sailing. Just always keep an eye on the battery and if in doubt point the gimbal down to get your bearings.

I love flying my mini 2 even without taking photos sometimes.

1 Like

@ozzy1 Hi Sean welcome to the club have fun flying with the mini 2. Great bit of kit

Hi Ozzy

Welcome ,I’m a newbie too and I also have a mini 2 ,great choice :grinning:

Cheers
Dave from Scotland

Hi Sean - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

You mention flying without taking pics or vid,im the same I just love the flying experience

1 Like

Whatever you do Mike it’s all good fun with this hobby i say happy flying my friend. :+1:

Welcome Sean to GADC :clap: :clap:

Welcome Sean, I’m in Kent too ( south of
Canterbury)