Newbie from Lincoln

Hi Guys,
I am Lee a complete newbie to drones from Lincoln. I have bought my first drone a mini 4 pro but have yet to fly it due to the weather here and I suppose like most flight virgins a little nervous about that first flight. I have done both operator and flyer ID just because even though it’s a 249g drone it made sense to do both. I have joined Grey Arrows as an insured member and am really looking forward to learning from your guys experience and being part of what seems to be a really helpful, supportive and knowledgable group/club.
Hope to speak and share experiences with you all in the future
Lee

8 Likes

Hi @Lee_matthews and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too!

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members! Details of our insurance can be found at:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Lee @Lee_matthews and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi from the west side of the country @Lee_matthews :wave:t2:

1 Like

You might enjoy this video from Wayne Webb. He did some great videos but has disappeared from YouTube

I love how his nervousness was pretty much identical to mine the first time I few

1 Like

Hi Lee - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the group :+1:

1 Like

Welcome :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Great video that thanks for sharing.

I really enjoyed his videos …. He has a good eye for photos :slight_smile:

Really good eye and very honest about how he felt during his flight…

Hi welcome to the group. Hope you have a great time here.

They are required anyway.

1 Like

You don’t need a flyer ID for sub 250g

Hi Lee,

Welcome to GADC buddy. I am fairly new too. All are great on here. Any problems or questions… Just tap away on your keyboard and help and advice will be answered.

Welcome again.

Rich :+1::ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

You will always find help here. Great place to be.

1 Like

Oops my mistake, read it wrong… Totally right there. I will sit in the corner for a short while and think what I did. Thanks for clarifyng that mate.

1 Like