Newbie from Northern Ireland

Hi from NI. I’m not an owner yet and so am looking into the whole scene. Seriously thinking about a DJI Mini 2. I’ve been an enthusiastic photographer all my life and now want to expand my horizons. Oh dear that was a rather obvious turn of phrase :grin: I will be mining the topics over the next few days to see what you guys get up to and see if I would fit in to drone flying. Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Hi @TristantheDog and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Simon and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi Simon - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi @TristantheDog … welcome to Grey Arrows
I don’t know much about the Mini 2 but the 3 pro which is what other GADC members recommended for me is excellent…

Hi there, welcome to GADC :+1:t2:

Hi Simon, welcome from the Black Country

Hi all depends on your budget if you can afford the min3 then go for it but i fly min 2 and have no complaints so far .so won’t be upgrading at the moment.
Think off the drone as a camera with a giant tripod. :slight_smile:

Hi All I appreciate the welcome from all of you. Looking forward to getting involved :grinning::+1:

Welcome Simon from boggy part of NI :wink:

Thanks Ziceman :+1:

Welcome to GADC from Edinburgh :slightly_smiling_face:

Well it’s official. My Mini 2 arrived today and is amazing. I had a quick test flight and everything going great. Surprised how quiet it is. I’m glad I had watched a lot of training type videos. They made the first flight much easer than I thought it would be. I’m not scared of it anymore just happily nervous and excited. Hoping tomorrow will be better conditions. Quick question relating to visibility when the drone is in the air. Does anyone used attached strobe lights to enhance daytime flying visibility? If you do any recommendations? :+1:

1 Like

I don’t use strobes personally but I think a fair few on here do, they are on Amazon :+1:t2:

I use these and find them a excellent bit of kit .

Unsure you can access the members area yet as there is a 10% code there to use.

Try a search using a specific keyword or two , there are hundreds of posts and a dozen topics on the subject :blush: