Newbie From Norwich

Hiya had my Mini 2 a week now, hopefully going out on Thursday with a friend who is a certified Pilot to learn some tips, I will post my first video soon ! I cannot describe how excited I am to have a drone at last !! but also am so aware of the NFZ around Norwich so any great legal places to fly will be gratefully received :slight_smile: thank you and
great to meet you all

4 Likes

Hi @dusty67 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Dusty, I’m in Taverham just outside Norwich and am also a Mini 2 flyer. If you check out DroneScene as suggested above, then you’ll see a good number of places to fly in and around Norfolk.

As far as the airport goes, if you ever need to fly within the FRZ then I’ve found the air traffic team at Norwich Airport to be really helpful.

Any questions then feel free to give me a shout :+1:

2 Likes

Also if you’re new to the hobby and are looking for a good resource for learning the ropes, I’d thoroughly recommend @ianinlondon’s YouTube channel. Full of no nonsense tests, reviews, and explainers which I’ve found invaluable in navigating the world of drones.

https://youtube.com/c/IaninLondon

1 Like

Hi Claire - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Dusty , welcome to GADC, always good to welcome another Norfolk member and I’m sure you will have great fun with your drone , this is a great site and the more you use it the more you get out of it , look forward to seeing your pics and vids soon . Have fun

1 Like

Welcome Claire to GADC - Enjoy! :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome @dusty67 Great feeling getting your first drone eh! enjoy and look forward to seeing what you produce.

Also when you have a minute take a look at the #challenges section. It gives the community a great reason to get out a fly. :+1:

1 Like

Hi! :wave:t3:

1 Like

Welcome @dusty67