Newbie from Redhill, Surrey

Hi all, newbie here after being directed by ‘Ian from London’ (on Youtube). I purchased a Mavic Air at the end of last summer but haven’t had that much flying time due to the weather and a lot of restrictions in my area. A few short videos and photos are posted to my Instagram page - gallonator1987. Look forward to talking to you all!

5 Likes

welcome to GADC. I hope your stay is enjoyable

1 Like

Hi Clare / @Gallonator1987 , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome Clare, I’m sure you will receive a warm welcome from all the misfits on here. With plenty of advice on tap if you need it.

2 Likes

Just visited your Instagram page, power lifting wow, one of the guys I used to work with, also owns a gym up here, and his wife does PL, she has done quite well this season.

2 Likes

Welcome Clare not to far away, enjoy this place!
lots of friendly helpful Talented people on here

1 Like

Thank you, not far at all, I used to live in Carshalton. Can imagine it’s even harder to find places to fly around there!

1 Like

not to bad round here beddington park is ok to fly Mitcham common loverly view of the sewage works lol
poulter park

1 Like

Welcome :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Clare hope that you find it useful

1 Like

Welcome to the club mate I used to live in Brockham so know the area well now live in Hertfordshire and have similar restrictions up here but enjoy

1 Like

Hello Clare,

Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Sutton and cycled all around the north downs around Redhill/Reigate/Box Hill etc. You have some nice areas for flying around there in Reigate Hill, Colley Hill and lots of the North Downs. You might just need to be careful of the National Trust who seem to own vast tracts of the land around there and who narrow mindedly blanket-ban drones from all their property. In practice however there are lots of places around there where you can be miles away from anyone and not causing a nuisance so go for it! That’s if we ever get a break in the rubbish weather we’ve been having from the week after I bought my drone in September!

1 Like

Hi, I’ve just joined the GADC, this morning, I bought my first drone, a Mavic Pro, a couple of weeks ago. So far I’ve only managed a couple of very short, incident free, flights down at Pagham, on the coast. I’m looking for sites to fly locally (I live slap bang in the middle of the NFZ around Redhill airfield).
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards
Shaunh

1 Like

Welcome Clare,
I hope you enjoy this friendly forum.

Check out the picture gallery, some amazingly talented people contribute to the site!

Welcome Shaunh,
Tricky area to fly, I hope you find somewhere soon.
I had invaluable help from a local member when I began last year. Perhaps you could look for members close by you who would help?

There is safety in numbers!

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC Clare.

1 Like

3 months ago welcomes?.

Hi Shaunh, apologise for the delayed response. Have you found any places locally yet? I took a short flight over Spynes Mere nature reserve last weekend.

1 Like

Hello. I am new GADC and live in Epsom, so not to far from Redhill. Can you recommend any places you have flown hassle free? Much appreciated.