Newbie needs help in Northamptonshire

Hi i am 73 and have been looking at the drone world for a while now trying to see which drone to start with :woozy_face:
I would really like to meet up with a member who lives in corby northamptonshire for some advice would really appreciate that thanks Ron

1 Like

Hi @rono,

Not in your area, so no way to meet, but would really recommend DJI’s mini 2 from experience as a beginner too. Simple and intuitive, but also good guides/videos etc., as long as you have good internet access. Also has a reasonable care package for the those accidents whilst learning. Hopefully someone more local will get in touch, and have more experience to make suggestions for getting started.

Good luck with it,

Alistair

1 Like

Thanks Alistair thats the one i have been looking at would you buy new or used
Ron

Hi @rono

With the prices, I went for new, but there are some good offers out there on second hand, though be aware of the scammers that do crop up occasionally!

Alistair

1 Like

Contact the Corby and district model flying club…

Mini 2 is capable, but don’t rule out others until you get a look at members crafts if you’re lucky get a try out of a couple…

Hi, I’m in Corby if you’d like to meet up, I’d be more than happy to give you some guidance. I’m a member of Corby club.

Lance

3 Likes

Hi Rono,

I am 75 and bought a Mini 2…Brilliant little drone. Keeps you inside of the 250 gram weight so can fly more places for now.
Only had mine on slow Movie mode and its still fast.
Rob

1 Like

I am 73 and bought a Mini 2 earlier this year.
So easy to fly and quite discrete as it’s small and relatively quiet.
Only issue I have had is finding sight of it when you look down at screen then back up. I recommend fitting a strobon light.
Pays to go for the Fly More pack for the extra batteries.

1 Like

Hi Kev,

Does the Strobon light put your drone over the 250 gram limit ???
I did quite well with my purchase…received 20% off for opening an account at Very.co so only paid £439 for combo set.

Rob

This may be of use for you @Robwak

:+1:t2:

Hi Robert.
As Rich kindly pointed out, a pair of Flytron strobon crees with a pair of my clips :grinning: is just under 250g. Enjoy your Mini 2. It’s a brilliant machine.

Hi Rob,
If you get it from Flytron you get a discount via GADC. It comes with verlcro type pads and keeps the drone under the weight.
They reckon white is best and if you mount it on top of rear leg there is no ground clearance problem.
Well done with the Very deal.
Good flying!
Kev

1 Like

Thanks Kev

Rob

Thanks Ash

:+1:

Hi Kev,

Sorry for been a bit Dim but have been to Flytron site and can find the Strobons but does not mention the pads.
Can you help.

Rob.

https://store.flytron.com/products/3m-dual-lock-low-profile-reclosable-fastener-for-strobon-standalone

Linked in the Cree description. :wink:

I have to say, when I bought my Cree it didn’t come with pads.

These are the ones. Stick on pads included with the USB C version.
https://store.flytron.com/collections/led-light-systems/products/strobon-c-1-standalone-drone-strobe-with-usb-type-c-charging

Thanks for your Help…Got It

Rob