Newbie saying Hi

Hello all,

I’m fairly new to flying drones, I have recently sold my Phantom 3 Standard and made a slight upgrade in buying the Phantom 3 Advance, just waiting for the good weather to make my maiden flight with it.

I made approximately 30 flights with my Standard, some were only brief and others were longer. Currently only using the drone for non commercial flights, however, if I can persuade my boss to pay for the CAA course I can then offer my services at my place of work for gutter inspections etc and talk him into buying a Mavic Enterprise.

If anyone is local to me and can advise on some great locations I’d be very appreciative. Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire boarders.

Many thanks

3 Likes

Hi, @MK06UK / Matthew, and welcome to GADC!

Firstly, I apologise that the system held your post for approval. Very strange, and the second time the system has done something strange in the last week, and I promise that you really are most welcome.

Quite a few members are also P3A owners, so if you have any questions ask away over on #questions-and-answers and someone with the relevant knowledge will be happy to offer advice.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi…

(Thanks for already adding your location to the system, and hence to that map. :+1: )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

2 Likes

Welcome Matthew :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Mathew, enjoy :+1:

1 Like

:wink::+1:

1 Like

Hi .Matthew.
I had the P3A for a couple of years and loved it . Wish i still had it to be honest . Great stable kit and great footage .
One thing i liked most about it was the focus . No messing about like the Mavic . and also the good range i got . .
Never ever had an issue with it .
Happy flying .

1 Like

Hi Matthew. Welcome. Great bunch of flyers here.

1 Like

Welcome chap, good group here. Very knowledgable and helpful.

1 Like

Many thanks for the welcome. I will certainly take a look around the site and become more familiar with it all and with the members.
So far it’s seems a great forum :+1:t3: Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Hi Shane,
Thanks for the message, I certainly feel more confident with the P3A over the P3S. Although I had no issues with the Standard what so ever. The weather is looking perfect today so no reason as to why I can’t send the bird up and test her out. :wink:

1 Like

A contender for my high speed record on the leader board perhaps ;o)

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

I managed to get 34.6 mph from my P3S. Yet to try the P3A. Will update you when I get to test it out.

Hi. I’ve just got a P3S any tips? Not flown it yet as I’m still sorting insurance. Cheers

Hi Kai,

Make sure you are familiar with the controls and how to activate the return to home function. Make sure you are in a nice wide open area to practice.

1 Like