Hi I’m a newbie on here was wondering when the next norwich meet up is oh and hi to everyone

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to GADC Tony.

Hi Tony / @Tonym , and welcome to GADC.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi and let you know when something’s happening in the Norwich area.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Best speak to the Norwich crew @chrisjohnbaker @UnluckyTimmeh @PaperCrane

Welcome

Hi Tony,
And a Big welcome to the GADC, from a fellow “Narich City Man”, YOU are definitely on my meet up soon list, with your MP2 !
(I am seriously considering a MP2, to add the many others I have !.)

Seriously, we are a great bunch of droner’s here in Norwich, we get together when we can, sometimes at fairly short notice, due to weather opportunities, time, etc.
Feel free to message me anytime if you want any advice on the Mavic, I have had 1 to 1 meets with 2 or 3 of the Local Boys, to give them a heads up on the do’s and don’t’s, and to set there drones up for them.
I live right near Eaton Park, so I go there fairly regularly to fly, and setup my drones after updates ,etc.
Private Message me if you want my Mobile Number, I am fairly elastic with my time ,as I retire next month, and perhaps we can meet up for a flight before the weather totally screws us !.
As Jeff said ,we have several Guys around here who are on the GADC, and we Meet as and when we can.
Feel free to contact me at anytime if you need any advice.

2 Likes

Warm welcome to GADC @Tonym

1 Like

Welcome!

I highly recommend a meet up with Chris, what he doesn’t know about the drones isn’t worth knowing.

I’m yet to go over to Eaton Park, but have flown over at Earlham Park down by the stream. It’s a good place to learn about obsictle avoidance, focus (on the water line), filters etc. It’s got a bit of everything.

We talked about sunset shots, so it’d be good to try and plan that at some point. I wondered about a Hunstanton visit, but it can get really windy there :/.

Anyway, all the best. Any questions don’t be afraid to ask. I’m sure the others would agree, there’s no such thing as a stupid question…

Tim :+1:

Hi Tim thanks for the heads up many thanks