Newby from Ipswich, Suffolk

Hi to all, just joined the club I’m still waiting doe my drone to come so please be patient, I really am new at this being 60+ and not very good on the old pins these days I thought I’d get some profesion help from seasoned flyers. So I hope to see you all very soon.

ALL THE BEST.

Bigjohn56 :hot_face:

5 Likes

Hi JOhn

Welcome, what drone are you waiting for?

Hi John / @Bigjohn56

Which part of the country do you hail from?

Hi I live in ipswich, suffolk. I’ve just ordered a L103 1080p
Quadcopter with GPS wife Gov and a PhD camera.

1 Like

Hi John / @Bigjohn56, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Updated the thread title to provide others a little more info. :wink:

As best I can see, you may be the only member with that drone … when it arrives. But you are no less welcome for that.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods. There are a few!

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Well, a Big welcome John from another of the Baker clan from Norfolk !.
You are among the most experienced drone flyers across the country here at GADC.
Don’t worry about being inexperienced, we all started just like you.
Feel free to pick our brains about anything you are unsure of.
It is better to ask first ,than fly your drone into the nearest wall or tree.
Bound to be someone on here that has a drone similar to yours.

Hi John and welcome to GADC from another 60+ member… :+1:

Welcome to GADC, John

Welcome big John (as opposed to little John :joy:)

Hi John,
Always exciting getting your first drone.

I am also a Suffolk boy.
Good to have you on the forum.

Hi to all, sorry for not replying but had a couple of issues to deal with, anyway I’ve now passed the CAA’s drone exam and I’m now legally registered to fly. I now have two drones hopefully I’i get them set up this week. Wish me luck.

:innocent:

Welcome, just ‘up the road’ near Saxmundham :+1:

Good luck, still big coat weather here in Yorks.

Hello and welcome.