Next build just started

Don’t worry, I’ll time it with a stopwatch, anything is faster than nothing HAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Took it out to fly fpv today. The camera mount translated too much vibration to the camera. I was unable to see clearly so I had to disarm. It is now in pieces again. Bah. Onwards and upwards!

1 Like

I clicked the Like button, not because it crashed but because of your “not giving up” attitude. Tri-copters are fascinating machines and can make manoeuvres that those with more rotors really struggle with. I’m following your build progress with great interest as I’ve yet to build a tri-copter of my own.

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will get it fpv’able and flyable. I am toying with the idea of cutting my own carbon fibre. I have a feeling a tricopter will be fun to do tricks with. But I need to fill my time up. I can’t sit and watch the tv all evening. Especially as soaps are on tv for 3 hours a bloody night.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. I’ve been toying with the idea of fabricating my own frames. There’s an eBay shop/seller in my town whom lists lots of carbon fibre, many different sizes and formats.

Nidge.

:+1: My 5" needs a new cf top plate. I’ve ordered a plate and some tough abrasive discs which should be here in a day or two. So I’ll see how it goes with my dremel.

I’ll try this. With a different cam encased in foam, with more rigid supports for the motors and camera. The tail motor is now higher up. Should be interesting to see how it flies.

1 Like

Well. I know your all following this. Here is the latest build and test. There is a little less tail wag. Just waiting on a cheap fpv camera to test in the field.

1 Like

Hi Karl
I’ve got a FPV camera you can play with…
It will probably improve image quality if setup with the OSD keypad, I just fitted it.
Yours if you want it
Cheers
Steve

1 Like

It’s getting there :+1:
Brave of you to fly it indoors though :grinning:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

How did the prop test go the other day? Trust me, don’t give me a camera on this contraption. It will crash, explode, then open a portal to hell.

Oh. And my dog savaged it before I flew it. I didn’t notice, but the arms at the front were cracked. It’s setting in poly cement now :rofl:

Ooh I like that.

The copter or the dog :thinking:

Well at least you’ll be able to see what hell is really like :astonished:

1 Like

The bloody dog! Chasing mice in my ripped up pond outside now!. Pest. Oh. And if anybody is interested, I have a dog for sale. I’ll pay you. And I’ll deliver her. Nationwide.

Steve. You will fly my drone acro. It will be ok. And fun!. Just drop the throttle when upside down.

My Source One is finished :+1:
Pics tomorrow

That was quick! Any specs?