No limit drones

Run in administration mode, that’s right clicking over programs and selecting, I found it would take forever and I would make sure battery full and let it run for a while first, if still playing switch on and off drone while still usb plugged in as this is all it takes to complete the final stage.

If you can use your phone as the hotspot instead of the broadband as I found it ran smoothly, before I went down the NLD route i was spending so much time doing updates I found the same errors and unsure if updated and used my phone connection on 4G and always work and fast.

1 Like

Will give it a go. I’ve managed to change speeds and stuff. But it won’t delete the NFZ or the 500m ceiling. And that’s in the latest firmware. I tried rolling back and after 20 mins it had done nothing.

Have you tried going past the 500m limit?

I’ve not disabled Nfzs but my understanding was that the app will still show Nfzs and warn you about them, only difference is that you can actually start the motors. @PingSpike knows more about this.

I was going to fly in Telford. About 8 miles from Cosford air museum. The mavic flew fine but there was a big black box on my fone screen asking me to unlock somthing. So couldn’t see where I was flying. Alooking tried putting 600 meters in the height and it said 500 was the max limit. So down loaded the app. I’ve managed to change speeds but that’s about it.

That’s the NFZ within the app (not the drone) that’s harassing you there.

There are several NFZ databases. Two in the GO4 app and one in the aircraft.

If you only remove NFZ from the aircraft and not from the app, you will then be able to fly in NFZs but GO4 will nag you… a lot…

1 Like

The latest deejayeye-modder now supports NFZ removal - which not a lot of people will have spotted if they don’t follow the GitHub commits like a geek :nerd_face:

I should probably write a new how to for that as well I guess as all the tools are in the public domain now.

But this is what you’re aiming for:

No databases in either the app or the aircraft.

You can fly in peace :wink:

That would be a great help.

What’s the easiest way to roll back the firmware?

I’m on 01.04.0200

ive recently started using the NLD Modder and modded DJI Go app.

Does anyone here use it, and maybe can answer a couple of questions?

My main reason for using it was to enable FCC mode. A place where I regularly fly has a big black spot for reception, with FCC mode on, its all sorted, so it works well. Also not having all my flight logs sent to DJI is a bonus as thats too much big brother for me.

I run firmware .700 as seems to be recommended, along with 4.1.2 of the go app.
I use Litchi for waypoint missions…does anyone know if this will also run in FCC mode, or will the mavic pro revert back to non FCC?

Also is there a way around being able to live stream to either youtube or facebook with the modded app? Both error when trying to log in with either litchi or go…NLD supports answer was pretty crap when I asked…solution is to use the stock app and give all my flight data to DJI!!

1 Like

I did use NLD for a short period but ended up moving to mixed modules and Deejayeye mod app.

I’ve read loads of conflicting information about Litchi and FCC.

The way I’ve chosen to understand it, and this is untested so may be complete bollocks.

If you start NLD first the aircraft will enter FCC mode, you can then run Litchi.

If you start Litchi before NLD it will revert to CE.

The way I understand it is it only checks region on start-up and if you have no device connected it remains on previous config.

That’s just the way I’ve chosen to understand it so interested to hear if anyone knows otherwise.

1 Like

Thanks Callum

That sort of makes sense.
Do you know if litchi creates a log file to show fcc mode?
I found the DJI equivalent log… Maybe litchi has one too?

I have no idea mate, sorry.

Do you have any more info on the DJI log? Was not aware of that one.

No worries…

THE DJI one is here…(copied from response from NLD support)

On your on the phone/tablet you have been flying with. there is a log file in either
“/advised/DJI.go.v4/cache/log/areacode”
or
“/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/areacode”
(or similar) on your device.
Look for a line that says: “E: init not ru ac=US”

In the log file you can clearly see if your country is set to US. That means it is in FCC mode.

1 Like

You can also try fcc boost editing a file on your phone/tablet…ive not tried it yet as it might cook your controller…

It’s configured from the /DJI/og_settings/datalink.settings.json (in your Android filesystem), no more cryptic .DJI.config. Just edit the file with a text editor, find the variable called “boost” and set this to True to enable the 1.5W boost feature to get even more range than FCC mode. Boost tested and working on Mavic, and 32 channel tested on P4P. NOTE! This feature runs the RF chips at their max voltages and as such generates a LOT more heat. Its not advisable to use this mode in very hot climates as the small internal cooling fan may not be able to cope with the extra heat. Run this boost mode at your own risk._

1 Like

Thanks Andy, I’ll take a look at this.

1 Like

Shame that boost value isn’t a number that you could edit to say 0.9w rather than running 1.5w flat out.

1 Like