No pfco, don't chance it

Thanks lee, will give it some serious thought.
Yeh a free meal great but that’s not the intention of the flight, I’m quite happy to pay for the meal so yeh I could just flatly refuse the offer.
Edit , by the way meals we have there £20 would just about cover the cost of the wine we have :crazy_face:

This is what happened with wedding photography and the advent of digital.

1 Like

You will probably get several different answers to your scenario, some right, some wrong. Rather than rely on t’internet, I would be tempted to send a quick email to the CAA, who actually make the rules, and you’d get the correct official answer, you’d be able to show it to your landlord friend and educate him on the rules for future reference.

1 Like

You wanted to fly there anyway for your own pleasure.

If he wants a copy of the photos fair enough.

Just dont take any money and politely refuse the free meal and your covered.

1 Like

As Callum said.
That’d be my answer to the landlord also.

1 Like

WHAT??? This is a sin!!! Under any circumstances!!! :wink:

5 Likes

I had the same situation with local golf club, who happen to back on to the village.

They wanted to use some of the photos I had taken and put on my own Facebook pages, they wanted to pay, of course I couldn’t accept (not that any laws were broken), they offered me and the family a free meal, again I had to resist.

How lucky were we to be the xxxth customer the next time we visited and got a lovely meal as a prize ;o)

7 Likes

Yep it’s breaking my heart, just the thought of it! :cry:

Who needs a PFCO!! Same flight, same photos. Just sayin!!

2 Likes

:rofl:

Do you know what?, we have some lucky buggers on this Forum, they win ,meals, drones, camera’s !, all sorts of accessories.
The money that’s being pumped into GADC is phenomenal !.
It’s all down to the hard work of the Competitons… I mean, generous Moderators we have on here !.
Keep up the great work, may there be many more generous Prizes on the “give away list” to come!.

3 Likes

I’m bowing out now…

Good luck with the pub, hope it goes well

1 Like

Same flight, same photos, different purposes for the flight.

Some guys have invested a lot of time and money into their business, please dont devalue it.

I’m not devaluing the time and money spent on PFCO. I never would.
There’s simply no substitute for proper training,
I’m pointing out the absurdity that you can have exactly the same flight with exactly the same photo, and one person can be highly trained and the other a complete novice, the only difference between the flights is the intention of the flight prior to taking off, or more to the point, whether money changes hands. If the CAA is really concerned about drone air safety then ALL pilots would have a form of training before being allowed in the air, the same way that drivers have to take a driving test, and the monetary or business side of things would be down to the inland revenue.
The devaluation is done by others, who can simply say that the original ‘intention’ of the flight was for pleasure, and later gain money or other recompense, legitimately!!
That’s where the real devaluation happens and is happening.
It’s not due to me pointing it out and the absurdity of the situation made by those that make the rules with the inclusion of that ONE little word ‘intention’.
I feel sorry that people’s hard earned cash and effort can appear to have be ‘conned’ out of them, when someone completely untrained can then ‘rock up’ legitimately, do the ‘same flight, same photos’.

1 Like

Pay a pound for the meal, then it’s not payment to you for services.

1 Like

“conned” - remarkable trolling and a great attempt at insulting all those that have a pfco. FML

Hopefully this isn’t the way this forum is heading as this kind of thing gets old quickly

I have no beef with the PFCO in general,yes people who have done their PFCO should be able to work unimpeded. my my beef is with the CAA as, if i take a picture with my dslr ,i can sell any photos as and when i want.(not that anyone would want to buy em !! )So as long as i am following the drone code ,why the hell should i not be able to sell my photos taken with my drone?.its a stupid money making racket.DRONE,JUST A CAMERA THAT FLIES !!!:wink::wink:i will leave real estate and other work to the people with their PFCO.S whats wrong with that…???

3 Likes

Apologies, to all those that hold PFCO. The word conned seems to have been taken out of context. Maybe I should have said ‘divested’. Yes, in hindsight ‘divested’ seems gentler.
I take great exception to being called a troll when trying to have a reasonable discussion around the absurdities of the rules that are supposed to govern us, and those that make or enforce them.

4 Likes

Agree with you Firefox. I suppose the old saying when purchasing anything comes to mind. “Buyer beware” and do research.
A mate at work bought a new sofa only to find the next day it had been reduced by £200.
He complained saying he’d been conned because they didn’t tell him it would be £200 cheaper the next day so wanted £200 back.
He didn’t get it…

2 Likes

I’ve been holding back on doing my PFCO as I believe it’s all change sometime soon.

However researching (again) last night I see that costs for training have fallen and there are plenty now offering a ‘guaranteed’ pass.

I wish Leeds Uni had offered the same assurances back in 87.

1 Like