No pfco, don't chance it

Lol. Mighty Leeds. Don’t panic, they’ll be
in Europe next year…
If there’s a war!!

2 Likes

They have narrow doors in there club to save money, seems they are used to scraping through :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I have heard that some clubs (no names) have installed revolving doors for the managers. Ooooh Meow.

2 Likes

I have been following this as well, In life I have got used to the trend that you have to have that bit of paper or you can’t do it and your out the door.
The new changes from caa is causing so much speculation and confusion to what appears long time operators as well as newbies,
I am more than ok to have to undertake a practical test ( flight test) to prove efficiency but I disagree with having to renew it all the time ( after all I don’t have to keep taking my driving test do I ?) the same I consider should apply to the pfco rating,
I am amazed at training companies that can guarantee a pass though, “there are plenty of idiots out there that couldn’t even pass the salt” a test should be a test!
I’m up for the challenge of it but cost wise it would force me to take on work to justify that cost .

1 Like

It would appear that the companies offering training are responding to ‘market forces’.
Maybe in response to increased competition within that market. Maybe something else.

1 Like

Just checked the register, 5201 on there.

Where does than £1m (ish) a year in renewal fees go ?

1 Like

Gold plated pensions?

2 Likes

Brian
Its HSE or even HES whatever way you want to call it gone mad and totally agree with you. I have been in the construction game a long time working onshore and offshore and over the years the HSE have put more obstacles in your way to hider you not help you get the job done, some of their regulations are unpracticable and takes you three times longer to do the job. We all need to have a safe place of work but come on sometimes Its like Billy Smarts circus just like you explained above. Plus additional payment for recertification and like you say you have 20 / 30 years experience Its not just safety Its a business to drain you of your hard earned cash.

2 Likes

My team at work are all trained in ‘release of trapped lift passengers’.

Basically a day a year learning how to power down a lift, read instructions and reassure people.

5 hours classroom bollocks, 2 hours practical.

Cost about £200 a man per year (another tick box exercise)

2 Likes

Also another thing to consider is that venues etc are now asking for PfCO / Insurance details before they will let you fly there, well they do when we ask at weddings, which we think is a positive move.

2 Likes

I remember going to a auction house I bought a usless carpet sweep with a 15k Calor gas cylinder thrown in. The cylinders are always the property of Calor gas. Use to do similar at comunity dances. Buy a pencil with a free drink.
Print the photo out then draw a picture on the pack and sell him the drawing. He gets the photo for free.