Nooooo! Drowned my new Mini 2!

That’s a very good story.

Sadly, that’s not the case. With an in-store purchase you do not have a legal right to a return unless the goods are faulty. It’s only with distance purchases. Then you have 14 days, whatever the reason.

Argos’s return policy is up to them and, as such they can make up their own terms and conditions. So, yes, they agree to a refund but if they want to specify where, that is entirely within their rights to do so.

They have a blanket restriction, on their website, that returns can only be to their Sainsbury’s in-store branches.

I’ve checked with Advice Direct Scotland, the Scottish consumer protection service.

1 Like

Okay - I thought we were talking about a product that was faulty. If not then, you are of course correct.

I am not sure on Scottish law on faulty goods, but am sure it is not that different. But if it wasn’t faulty then yes you have to accept their returns I guess.

But if faulty then it ought to be accepted by the place that sold it. Not returned to somewhere remote.

2 Likes

I’d do that but only in areas where it will be easily retrievable and on less risky flights. Is this what you bought your drone for though? If you’re worried about them sending you the same drone, fly it straight into a tree in sports mode before you send it off :+1:t3:

1 Like

Video running of course, this we need to see ;o)

1 Like

Or you can simply note down the serial number… Of course it’s less exciting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That would be fun!

Am I the only one to be a little surprised that the cost of repair is more than the purchase price of a new one…? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I thought it was a typo!

1 Like

Flying into a tree and dunking but in the water is hardly faulty?
Trying to return goods as faulty in those circumstances would be fraudulent?
If DJI refresh covers pilot error, then pay the £49 …

1 Like

I know Steve. I’m not intending to return it to Argos, but it was worth having the discussion. Even if allowed, not morally right as someone would possible end up with what they thought was a “new” drone that could develop a fault later.

Interesting you have a 450. That was my first quad but it was generally white knuckle flights!

1 Like

Hi Andrew
I was wondering how you managed to crash into the Forth? Was this a technical problem?
I crashed into the Holy Loch last year after a bird took a dislike to the P4. It took me 3 weeks with an underwater camera to retrieve it from 30m but it was a bucket job!

2 Likes

Impressed that you retrieved it, well done. Sadly mine was a long way out. To this day I don’t know what happened. It’s a toss up between complete brain freeze and an undetermined flyaway, but the logs seemed to show perfect flying, just not in the right direction!

1 Like

I hasten to add, I was outside the airport NFZ !

I think we have to hear this story!

1 Like

Certainly do. I’d like to know about the retrieval.

Impressive achievement recovering it at that depth, looking at it it looks like it’s been under a lot longer than 3 week

Hi folks, I thought I would tell you more about the loss and retrieval of my Phantom 4 which came down the the Holy Loch in Argyll. I was desperate to try a flight from my boat which is moored there but very apprehensive! I tried floats by they made the drone very unstable in flight, then discovered a capsule system which inflates on a long line for retrieval. On approaching the stern to land the aircraft was attacked by a number of very angry gulls and went in at 45degrees… I took a bearing on the position and noticed bubbles but no capsule! My brother had an underwater camera on a long line so I thought it would be easy to retreive… Not quite. Its pretty deep with poor visibility and strong currents, so every day at low tide I’d scan the seabed in a pattern. On the day I was giving up I spotted it a long way from the entry point and used a small grapnel hook to pull it up. It had exploded and blown the entire bottom section off and was full of worms, mud and stank to high heaven! The memory card was burnt out and the data card unreadable. Needless to say I was on ebay looking for a replacement.
UW camera

5 Likes

Nice effort anyway. I thought you’d been looking for it with scuba gear and hope you had a drysuit!

That’s fantastic, well done!

1 Like