North West informal meet and fly - Sunday 1st October - location Manchester Ship Canal, near Sow Brook Park, Lymm - Now 3PM until 6PM

You will be missed, hope to see you soon…

1 Like

I must admit when i came over to the humber i was feeling the same way, but that soon went as soon as i got there, and i got a hug too :smile:

1 Like

I suffer from extreme anxiety problems where it makes me housebound and it took me quite a few months to just say hello on the forum here. I have been to a few meet-ups and absolutely loved it, everyone is so accommodating and helped me. My husband Eric @jcbdriver comes with me as my spotter and my security blanket :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Drone buddies, I’ll struggle Sunday morning unfortunately with family commitments.
Phil

Thats a shame Phil, but it is what it is…

I can probably guarantee it isn’t going to, but here’s hoping :joy:. Thanks Suzanne

We had our bathroom done 5 years ago, looks amazing, should have been a week, took 3 as the shower had a leak in one of the srmd for the rainfall showerhead, so took a week to get the part and then another week to get the plumber back… They did do an amazing job though…

Nice that Suzanne :+1:

I did ours last about 10 years ago, porcelain tiles ,whirlpool bath XL , new plumbing etc and thought it was going to last a lifetime, the other half has different ideas :upside_down_face: Took me 6 months to sort it while working 12 hr nights, looked spectacular and still does, but alas I’ve caved into the mental torture and will be redoing it … This time its a case of 'A bathroom is not just for Christmas, IT’S FOR LIFE!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Barring bad weather / nuclear apocalypse, I’ve given in to temptation and will be attending. Regards to Sow Brook, it’s within spitting distance of where I work (never even heard of it till the other day). Speaking to a couple of colleagues who are locals, I got the following:-
a) it’s not used for sports at any time and hasn’t been for quite a while, mainly dog walkers there now so parking shouldn’t be an issue
or
b) not used for sports during the week, but sometimes used for sports at the weekend
I’ll try to get a definitive in the next day or so

1 Like

Hi, I would like to turn up on Sunday. It will be my first meet up, I’ll go with the flow but I’ll vote for the ship canal or the disused golf club.

1 Like

I’m possibly up for it… trying for Brum Saturday first.

open to options as I’ve only done the golf course a few times.

somewhere interesting for the Avata + FPV would be great to shoot gaps and practice in acro :slight_smile:

Weather permitting, i should be able to make it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, seems like the popular choice is Sow Park - or rather the end of the footpath between Sow Park and the Golf Course to the Ship Canal in Lymm, which affords a view over to the Thelwall Viaduct, as originally found by Wayne @Sparkyws

Location details below…

The weather is looking somewhat changeable, but good chance of dry from about 1000am, and then much better in the late afternoon -

We can be available anytime that day as we only live 3 miles away, so am happy to work around others choices, what time suits you? It’s an informal meet up, so please feel free to come and go as you like, no need to think that if you come you need to stay all day, come along, meet up, get to know one another - or not, totally up to you - fly your drones and then depart as and when you lkike…

• Morning 900-1200
  • Morning 1000-1300
  • Afternoon 1200-1600
  • Afternoon 1300-1700
  • Anytime
0 voters

If this is a success, then perhaps we can do another one before the weather gets too cold, possibly at Wigg Island as suggested by Mike @MickBlue

4 Likes

Starting time 9am, arrive when you want, and leave when you want, we will be there until at least 1pm - unless the weather gets bad… Come alone or bring your friends and family, whatever works for you :slight_smile:
Looking forwards to seeing folks there - and at Foley’s Birmingham meet tomorow too for anyone else venturing down the M6 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me and @jcbdriver look forward to seeing you all :blush:

2 Likes

Cheers, I’ll be there just after 9am.

2 Likes

See y’awl on Sunday about 9ish

2 Likes

I should be there around 9-9.30.

2 Likes

Weather forecast doesn’t look great …

I just watched the forecast, it doesn’t look good for the morning :frowning: but clears up later afternoon.