North West informal meet and fly - Sunday 1st October - location Manchester Ship Canal, near Sow Brook Park, Lymm - Now 3PM until 6PM

Edit - Location chosen by Poll is Sow Park in Lymm - park at the Car Park and walk the path between the Park and Golf Club until you meet the Ship[ Canal… View of Thelwall Viaduct, Golf Club, Ship Canal and open fields, plus a few trees to fly into!

Well, the weather looks reasonable on Sunday 1st for an informal Meet and Fly in the Manchester / Cheshire / NW area, if we were to organise it, where would you like to fly? I am thinking from about 9am, for as long as folks want to be there…

@group-northwest @Sparkyws @gunja99 @robertspark @stevesb @Thompson @PingSpike @Mercedes

• Wigan disused Golf Course - as per previous 2 meets ups - car parking with cafe and toilets, 200m walk to flying area, openm with some trees…
  • Carrington Moss - park on road and walk approx 1km to field, open space with Gas Burn off towers to capture
  • Manchester Ship Canal - Lymm - Park at Sow Brook Playing Fields- 1km walk to open space and views over ship canal
  • Turn Moss - Stretford - Park
  • Other suggestions - open to ideas - please add in the chat and I will add to the poll.
0 voters

Hi
I would be free for a meet up Sunday, weather permitting? I am not familiar with the Locations but will go with the flow, it will be my first intreraction with fellow drone pilots so be gentle with me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Happy to do whatever the majority would like to go, but I voted the golf course and the ship canal one as places we haven’t been to.

1 Like

Happy to add some more locations to the mix if folks suggest them in the chat…

1 Like

These are some of the locations, for anyone unfamiliar:

Turn Moss may have football on a Sunday morning, not sure. If it does, parking is absolutely terrible. I’m not sure if Sow Brook is also used for football.

I was going to suggest an urban location, but sadly there’s a temporary flight restriction in place in Manchester city centre for the Conservative party conference.

3 Likes

I hope to be able to attend. Will be my first also. Barely flown my M3P since i got it for one reason or another.
Im not familiar with the locations also, so ill go with the flow.

1 Like

Thanks for that info Kvetnor, I can see you have a good knowledge of the area…

I was thinking of somewhere more central in Manchester, but as you say, FRZ in place… Thats a good shout about the football at Turn Moss and possibly also Sow Brook - although we arent lookign at flying at the park, but it would mean parking would be an issue…

I am happy to travel, so please if anyone else has any suggestions lets have them…

Thanks for the invite Suzanne :+1:. Starting work on the bathroom so it’s a no go for me​:sob:

No worries, I hope the bathroom renovation goes smoothly :slight_smile: See you at a meet once its done :slight_smile:

Possibly a good idea to miss the areas with Sunday parking issues.
What about Runcorn Bridge - or the other new bridge?
Unfortunately I don’t know the logistics of the parking or location. I’m abroad at the moment so can’t research it.
Paul

Wigg Island which is situated on the Runcorn side of the Mersey has ample parking and is in the middle of the two bridges

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1U1GWdRTDRstbu74A

2 Likes

Nice location Mick, thanks I will add it to the poll…

wow that looks a great place even if we dont go this weekend.

I would have made a trip for this, but i will be at tinvilla, paying my site fees :cry:

Sorry cant make this one

You can’t edit a poll that’s already running

1 Like

Very tempted, especially as very new to the drone scene and only had 2 flights above the height of my back garden fence!! If I can make it, please go easy if you get chatting to a bloke asking stupid questions :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I found that out the hard way…

Dosn’t matter how experienced, nor how many questions you ask, we all started somewhere, and tbh I hadn’t been to a meet until June, and felt very awkward on arriving, but we are all into drones and the folks in Grey Arrows are all decent folks, so you will soon find yourself relaxed and enjoying yourself… Happy to help in any way we can…

Looks like a great spot Mick