North West Meet Up, 16th July 2023

@Leylo1971 Used to live in Appley Bridge, then moved up here (out of the valley and into the light :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) bout ten year ago.
Living up parsonage brow.

1 Like

Free pies mate

Eee lad, I remember when thems houses wuz just fields and slag heapsšŸ¤£.

Nice up there matešŸ‘. I used to live with my parents on Delamere Way, not far away from you.

And on that hill what that estates built on, we had some of the biggest end of school year piss ups ever. Messy timesšŸ¤Ŗ.

Only live half a mile away on Holland moor if you ever fancy a fly aboutšŸ‘

2 Likes

Light weight, was up at 4:30 for sunrise this morning. when i were a lad i used to get up an hour before i went ta bed so could do a shift down t pit before i walked 100 miles to school.

Luxury

Across broken glass, after being murdered by me Daā€™ and having to drink freezing cold poison? :wink:

1 Like

Uphill both ways

I can make the 16th, be good to meet folk and pick up tips and tricks. Not had much flight time since I got my drone as too busy at work and life.
Planning to take it away with me in first week in July to Cornwall and start clocking up some miles with it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m up for that. Iā€™m not too far from Wigan. Just need to know the exact date. Will be a killer morning as I donā€™t finish work till 1am Sunday morning.

1 Like

@Leylo1971 ah, yeah, I know Holland Moor (sister law used to live there).

Yeah, bang up for a fly sometime, the eldest is 18 now and not as eager to be my spotter as he used to be :cry:

Yeh, they tend loosen theyā€™re usefulness around thenšŸ¤£

Iā€™m up for that, give us a shout if yer fancy a blast about, the batteries are normally charged and good to go :+1:

1 Like

Just a reminder, I will leave the vote open for another week, but itā€™s looking like the 16th of July with 90% :+1:

4 Likes

I hope to be there but my social secretary / wife has yet to confirm my availability. Itā€™s also close to another granddaughter making an appearance.

1 Like

Just play it by ear :+1:

Iā€™m up for either. Having missed the last one Iā€™ll be there.

1 Like

what do we need to bring (not been to any meets before) other than drones marked up with operator IDs?

have a mini 3 pro + avata

do I need to bring an insurance certificate (I presume my fpvuk membership certificate will be ok)?

I live local so either date will be good for me,

thanks keen to learn something

1 Like

Itā€™s up to you, remember itā€™s just a group of people flying some drones

I will be bring my drones, a chair and some charging kit

are there any rules / etiquette at these sort of events (I am just a hobby flyerā€¦ got a mobula 7 + beta FPV toothpick but I just could not get the hang of the controls, hence love the idiotproof stability of the mini 2 (now sold), hence others just sat in cupboard

and now I use the mini3 pro the most and dabble with the avata

I got the impression that at the big meet weekend insurance was mandatory or people were told not to make the long drive (too far for me) but just checking

That was someoneā€™s private land, and in case @clinkadink put his drone in a sheep

But seriously everyone should have some PLI when flying their toys

1 Like

Fly Chat laugh :+1: try not to crash :wink:

2 Likes