North West Meet Up - Beacon Country Park - Saturday 6th January 2024

Hi All,

Seem to remember there being some discussion as to a meet up on Saturday this coming weekend at Beacon Country Park, but cant find anything on the forum, so I have started the thread…

@group-northwest are we flying on Saturday, and if so what time are folks planning on arriving? Weather looks better on Saturday afternoon, but dry and cold all day, happy to arrive whenever works for folks? Will bring the homemade hoops for AVATA flying and other drones too…

Anyone?

1 Like

can not do saturday morning but can do any other time over the weekend

I’d be up for Sat morning, misty… sounds good! Probably need to leave by lunchtime! Be nice to get out again too!

1 Like

Hi Suzanne

I can do Saturday from noon for a couple of hours

Are there any options in the week as the weather looks good

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave, Unfortunately many of us work during the week, but nothing stopping you organising one for anyone that can make it… I am happy to turn up for 9am and to stay for a while, so those that are not able to get there until later can meet up - we can always retreat to the Cafe for lunch

I’ll pop over on Saturday for a bit :raised_back_of_hand:t2:

1 Like

Hopefully the cafe is open and will be there for brunch

I am working on some other locations for just two or three people so it does not look like a drone audit

Cheers Dave

1 Like

Sacha @sachasb mentioned it with Martin @gunja99 . I will hope we can get down I am supporting a couple of injuries at the moment so hope to be fit enough at the weekend.
Be good if the cafe is open.
Wayne @Sparkyws did mention another carpark which may be worth a try depending on how busy it is
Google maps
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4yhWyTokF84KvkxY6
What 3 words

///arming.imply.clash

2 Likes

I’m in hospital Friday for a small op so subject to getting out Friday night and fit to fly I will be over but may not be able to fly as I know I cant drive for 3 days after op but if not enjoy the day guys and I will be ready for the next meet up and cant wait to get out for a fly

Hi Suzanne, I’m not sure if I’m going to be free on Sat morning, but it’s good to know that some members will be there across the late morning and early afternoon just in case I’m able to get there at late notice. Cheers @Aljebu

We will play it by er, planning on arriving for about 9am, and will stay until about 2pm if anyone turns up… Will probably go for some lunch when the morning crew are finished and then check the forum for updates, please post in here if you are coming and what time you are going to arrive, even if you are only able to decide on the day…

2 Likes

Best wishes for the hosiptal stay and op…

Hope your injuries are improving hon, and hope to see you at the weekend…

Be good to see you :slight_smile:

We will be around at least until early afternoon, if you can come then let us know when you are leaving and we will see you there…

Great, see you there…

With us it all depends on what time Eric finishes work, so will keep checking back on here Saturday.

Hi All
I should be there at 10 am for a couple of hours or so
See you Saturday
Cheers Dave

aren’t we better off on the golf course though? Where we met first time was also good, but happy with the cafe

1 Like

Happy either way, the other car park always looks full of cars when I have passed, so I am not sure how busy it is up there… The Golf Course area works for me, there are a cuple of good spots - next to the bench or in the trees we were at last time - and the cafe is relatively close too… Happy to go with the flow or decide on the day…