North west meet-up - Sunday 8th September 2019

We could ask these boys if we could borrow / hire their site for a day?

https://skelmersdalemac.co.uk/gallery.aspx

3 Likes

Count me in.

Very definitely an option - I’m not racing my drone through that but it could be a great place to meet up and watch those who are willing to fly the circuit!

I’ll try it. But not promising I’ll get the second gate.

2 Likes

feck that!, i got dizzy and pucked after 30 seconds !

2 Likes

Count me in aswell

Unless anyone has a better idea I’ll get in touch with Skelmersdale MAC to see if they’re up for hosting.

3 Likes

No problem Brian

I’m up for it
nice one

Please add me
thanks

Hi all - just to say that I’ve had no reply from Skelmersdale MAC yet; I’m going to give them another try, and if I don’t get anywhere, we can figure out an alternative plan.

4 Likes

I fly at Anglezarke a lot. it is a good place for a meet up and there are several good take off/landing spots there.

3 Likes

Count me in! :sunglasses::+1:t5:

Hi @KayKay, if a few of us meet at Anglezarke, what do you think would be a good time of day to avoid too much annoyance to others?

Depending on access to take-off sites (I have some mobility problems) I’m keen to join you. How far will any walking have to be?

1 Like

There’s a small clearing on a hill on the west bank of the reservoir. It’s only farms on that side but the clearing isn’t on any farmland. Its along a public footpath but there are hardly any walkers there most of the day, due to the opposite bank being more accessible and a bit more of a scenic route, So we shouldn’t encounter too many passersby, and ideally even on a fairly busy weekend, there will be plenty of time in between passerby to do a quick take off or landing
You can see the clearing from viewpoint on the east bank (red arrow).

The viewpoint is actually the best spot for flying as you are far above the treeline so no signal issues, but on a sunny day it gets really busy. Only early in the morning with some luck will you see that spot not busy, so depending what time we plan the meet, would be best to go with the hill clearing spot on the west bank.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look at my calendar and we can set something up - given the number of people who have said they are interested, we may plan more than one meet-up to suit people’s availability, interests, and any access limitations.

1 Like

Ok. The weather forecast for this weekend isn’t great, so I’m proposing SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER at Anglezarke Reservoir, either 7am at the east side viewpoint, or a bit later 8-9am on the footpath on the west side of the reservoir.

1 Like

Just need permission from the boss and I’ll be there. Might need a Google maps pin for the footpath on the west side.

2 Likes

Or a what 3 words

1 Like