North west meet-up - Sunday 8th September 2019

There have been a few discussions about a meet-up, so I thought I’d put up a dedicated thread here and see if we can actually make this happen! I’ll tag people in the comments who have shown an interest or who I know are nearby.

I think the main thing we need is a suitable location - most places I have flown are ok for a couple of drones at a time, but are likely to get complaints if there is a larger group. We need a place and time where we won’t bother too many other people. I’m wondering about Anglezarke Reservoir / Winter Hill, but I’ve not flown there before. For anyone who doesn’t mind a bit of a hike (this may not include me!), a lot of the hilly bits round there are Open Access land.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Tagging @PingSpike @barryb @Stevelev75 @Gazz @mickydd @stevesb @Alphi1847 @DTH @sparkman999 @Mungmeister - feel free to tag others who might be interested!

80 minutes for me, but always up for a meet, especially if @mickydd and @sparkman999 are coming ;o)

2 Likes

I’ll come up if I’m free.

2 Likes

I would love to meet and learn from others so am up for it.

1 Like

I’m up for it. Anglezarke sounds good if there’s enough parking where we pick. Not sure about winter hill , getting old.
Other suggestions, could be good. I’m going to wrack my brains.

2 Likes

Count me in :grinning:

Count me in chaps, when?

One thought, Southport beach?

I would like to join in, but depends on when due to holidays and stuff

Southport beach (and pretty much all of that coastline) is a Site of Scientific Special Interest. Natural England claim you need a license to fly in these; the actual legalities are a bit murky. I’d be happy to fly there from the legal side, but would prefer to avoid having to drive there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Winter Hill, Southport beach - high odds of being proper windy, unless we get really lucky?

Rich’s back yard then? :grin:

2 Likes

That’s in the progress of being turned into a dual-carriageway. :wink:

2 Likes

So we can use it as a runway then :joy:

2 Likes

Going around his house like the m62? :laughing:

2 Likes

It’ll be another year or so before it’s finished but the fresh tarmac would make a great landing strip for fixed wings :smiley:

1 Like

Oh dear. I bet your not happy then.

It showed up on the searches when we bought the place, kinda knew it was on the cards, can’t complain :man_shrugging: