Northwest meet up in the near future weather permitting

Hi all I would like to try these locations for a meet up in the Northwest

Go on tour

Willington Power Station

Wainhouse Tower Halifax

The Ackworth water Tower Yorkshire

Barnsley Main pithead

The Old Lane Mill Halifax

Could be a tour with a few members depends how far people want to drive in a day and just take a few cars

What do people think

Could be good loads of great locations

Cheers Dave

4 Likes

Willington is pretty much closed off now for FPV as recovery in event of a sudden landing is not possible.
I intend, when weather is better, to meet with security and see if a deal can be made for a days event.

If you have a camera drone then you should be OK for flying there, just remember they are about 110metres tall so set your RTH height accordingly, just in case :smiley:

3 Likes

Not exactly what i would call NW. More like a tour of Yorkshire, for those from the NW.

2 Likes

There is also an airport nearby that would have to be contacted for permissions, I believe they are cooperative so would give permission to fly

Definitey up for a daytrip, whether Yorkshire or Lancs or elsewhere, busy this weekend, but can proably be available for the rest of the month either day… Happy to meet up and fly for locations or to meet up at Beacon Park and fly for fun, whatever works for the most folks :slight_smile:

It depends on how far people want to travel to worthwhile locations

1 Like

I will work out the mileage etc parking spots etc and put together a schedule and get some feedback

1 Like

Yes, I’ve contacted them before for other meets e.g. New Years Days 2020 and 2022
They are very helpful :smile:

Hmm, how far to travel… is there really a limit? I have done the East Borders of Scotlandfor a day out, and Glastonbury too… If there is something worth flying and filming, an the opportunity exists, then distance is not too much of a barrier…

1 Like

We do have to be careful of those on a budget as filling a car and travelling 150 miles for a road trip can be quite a chunk of their weekly budget.

1 Like

We could car share

1 Like

Always happy to fit in a person or two for a contribution to fuel…

Hi All
I have worked out the mileage from Manchester and back to Manchester taking in all the locations I listed previously
3.5 hours of driving and 110 miles covered

Alternatively the following

Dream Sutton Manor, Saint Helens WA9 4BE

Warrington transporter bridge WA1 1NA.

Moore Ln, swing bridge Penketh, Warrington WA4 6XE

2 hours driving and 50 miles travel total calculated from Irlam

What do people think

Cheers Dave

Sounds good, only thing i would add (and by no means putting a downer on it) i for one would rather spend more time flying than driving to locations, just my thought, but what do i know :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Raider

Am trying to strike a balance between quality locations and driving

Just trying to come up with quality locations, that we can all have a crack at with stills and video if we take it in turns

Cheers Dave

1 Like

Willington is a 5 minute drive from me… This photo was taken just outside ( about 60m up though.

You can just see the cooling towers in the distance :wink:

2 Likes

Do you happen to know if the cooling towers accessible or totally fenced in

I think it’s totally fenced in , but Stevie has said when the weather is better he’s going to have a word with security there. :wink: